Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tilting Trailer to haul Slingshot Dragster

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilting Trailer to haul Slingshot Dragster

I am looking for ideas for a tilting trailer to haul a dragster. The dragster itself will be 200 inch wheelbase and will be between 4 and 5 feet wide. Weight will be between 1200-1500 pounds.

I would like to use a 4 inch drop axle to keep deck height as low as posible and to keeps ramps from being too long I would like the deck to tilt without unhooking the hitch. I would also like to use a single axle and keep GVW under 3000 lbs to avoid yearly state inspections.(PA) I relize single axle and 3k weight may not be doable.

Anyone here ever build a trailer like this or have plans they could share,ideas??

Frank aka The Weekend Welder

i haven't built a trailer in quite a while, but i found this on google search. http://www.rhscales.com/trailerandtowingparts.pdf
    I shows 3,500# 4" dropped axles in many sizes. The rest would be engineering a tilt system and latching mech. I think i would go with hydraulic to operate the tilt as drag cars have more weight in rear half, unless you plan on backing or winching it on rear first. Just a couple ideas after a couple of drinks.

Comment

Working...
    X
    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.