No announcement yet.

at the risk of being repetitive....

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• at the risk of being repetitive....

..i've made some more outdoor furniture, lol.

this is the first in a set which will eventually, when i find the time to build it all, comprise of 2x 1 seater benches (as per this one), 2x 2 seater benches, and 1 6 seater dining table.

thankfully all of this lot is staying with me unlike the last two pieces.

the benches will all be made of 304 grade 38mmx38mmx1.6mm stainless steel with a picture-framed Kwila/Merbau slatted timber top. the dining table will be 50x50x1.6mm stainless with the same timber top only accomodating 2 or 3 black granite inlays up the middle to place hot dishes/trays on.

the tables are fully tig welded and dressed/blended in visible areas with a grinder. i like to use fiber sanding discs for the blending, it seems to help me avoid undercutting and gouging

hope you enjoy the pics, it was a satisfying project with the picture-framed top giving it a little bit extra over straight slats i reckon

gret lookling table. I love the wood and stainless together. Nicely done.

Very nice...Bob
      Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.

Agree, first rate.

Absolutely Gorgeous!

What equipment are you using?

thanks guys,

i'm using pretty basic equipment- a standard 4x6 bandsaw, small 170amp stick/lift tig inverter, a variable speed angle grinder and a miter saw for the wood.

there are many points along the way on these projects that i wish i'd saved up and bought a tig unit with HF start, especially doing the more awkward tacks for the tabletop bracing when i'm pretty much grinding my tungsten every tack

Nice blending / polishing work at the mitre joints.

Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post
                Nice blending / polishing work at the mitre joints.
                Absolutely gorgeous work at the mitre joints!
                I admire your detail and the sanitary and consistent finish overall!