Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

at the risk of being repetitive....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• at the risk of being repetitive....

..i've made some more outdoor furniture, lol.

this is the first in a set which will eventually, when i find the time to build it all, comprise of 2x 1 seater benches (as per this one), 2x 2 seater benches, and 1 6 seater dining table.

thankfully all of this lot is staying with me unlike the last two pieces.

the benches will all be made of 304 grade 38mmx38mmx1.6mm stainless steel with a picture-framed Kwila/Merbau slatted timber top. the dining table will be 50x50x1.6mm stainless with the same timber top only accomodating 2 or 3 black granite inlays up the middle to place hot dishes/trays on.

the tables are fully tig welded and dressed/blended in visible areas with a grinder. i like to use fiber sanding discs for the blending, it seems to help me avoid undercutting and gouging

hope you enjoy the pics, it was a satisfying project with the picture-framed top giving it a little bit extra over straight slats i reckon

gret lookling table. I love the wood and stainless together. Nicely done.

Comment

Very nice...Bob

Comment

Agree, first rate.

Comment

Absolutely Gorgeous!

What equipment are you using?

Comment

thanks guys,

i'm using pretty basic equipment- a standard 4x6 bandsaw, small 170amp stick/lift tig inverter, a variable speed angle grinder and a miter saw for the wood.

there are many points along the way on these projects that i wish i'd saved up and bought a tig unit with HF start, especially doing the more awkward tacks for the tabletop bracing when i'm pretty much grinding my tungsten every tack

Comment

Nice blending / polishing work at the mitre joints.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post
                Nice blending / polishing work at the mitre joints.
                Absolutely gorgeous work at the mitre joints!
                I admire your detail and the sanitary and consistent finish overall!

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.