Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

elbow room..............the little engine that could

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elbow room..............the little engine that could

Don't complain about room in your shop............................................
    look at the pictures, this is my world, this is my reality. I have another larger shed about 15 feet away, doors facing each other. we use that shed for larger tools, oxy/acetylene Etc Etc Etc. and some storage. the shed I weld in becomes even smaller in the winter. I usually do my oxy/acetylene cutting outside over a barrel. I usually keep my miter saw in the other shed, but with winter and all..............I can also move the welder back some but it's still tiny. The bench grinder is there just for the winter. ya ya ya ...........my next metal project is going to be a stand for it. I could have it in the outher shed but man thats alot of trips to sharpen my tungsten lol lol. in the summer I'm hoping to build a new shed or knock a wall down and expand it. when I first got my welder we just bought this place, with a family to support, no money and winter on the way, I was forced to do what I could with what I had. I'd be ****ed if I was going to store my new welder after saving all my pennys. so I winterized it and started blazing baby lol .....................
    get er done......................GET ER DONE. my camera is crap, it's barely working so I just took a crap load of pictures from different angles. can you imagine how difficult it is to keep it clean. anyone els with a crapy little shed? come on people show your junk. I guess you could say I'm the little guy ........................lmao lmao ...............
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dustyhaze75; 02-04-2008, 09:10 PM.

pictures

more pictures ..........................
    Attached Files

Comment

pictures

pictures pictures pictures ...........................
      Attached Files

Comment

pictures

more is better than none ................
        Attached Files

Comment

pictures.........

pictures ........................................
          Attached Files

Comment

pictures ..............

here are some more and some more and some more ........................
            Attached Files

Comment

pictures .................

and more and more and more and more and more....................
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow, That is small, but at least you have some nice tools to work with. Nice welder BTW. I hope you get that shop you always wanted some day.

I am currently working out of my parent's garage which is very large but usually packed with cars and toys. When my larger projects in the works, I have to back out my dad's truck so I can at my 230V outlet. It is heated with radiant heat, but with current fuel costs, has been kept just warm enough to melt snow from the cars and keep pipes from freezing. I can't wait for summer!

I have my eye on a piece of property neighboring my folks house. My dream is to put up a nice steel building on the back of that lot. Hmmmm...

Good Luck!

- Chad

Comment

pictures ..................

more pictures ......................come on, you love it........
                  Attached Files

Comment

pictures ...........

ok ok ok ok ......................I thought you might get one good picture. last one..................
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Dustyhaze75; 02-06-2008, 10:01 AM.

Comment

thanks chad ...........
                      one day, one day .................

Comment

Put all the pics end to end and make a short movie

Comment

Considering your welder to shop ratio I believe you could heat your shop by merely running your synchrowave!!! (not welding, just ON)

Comment

Hmmm , you probably have more clear room in that little shop than I have in my shop right now . Trying to do the organization thing right now but with a couple of projects and all my tools I need a bigger shop . Dan

Comment

little mini me ...........

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .................I knew someone would get a kick out of my growing enterprize. ha ha ha ha. I got the before picture(well.....movie) now alls I need is the after picture. I have a big vortex inline fan hooked up to a thermostat and also hooked up to a dimmer switch for speed control for when I weld. the fan gets unpluged when I leave unless it's the two hottest months of the year. I havn't had to use the fan due to heat yet. she gets up to 30 below up here. summers not bad. the shed is shaded with tall trees. I'll die for two months out of the summer but hey ..........................
                              one way or another .............................................
                              GET ER DONE .................GET ER DONE.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.