Help a newb welder out...Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shorerider16 View Post
    Never could figure that one out, a guy can walk in off the street and train to be an inspector without having ever welded. I definately agree with you on that one, they should have to work in the trade before inspecting.
    I completely agree experience should be a pre-requisite to most if not all inspection to any trade.

Comment

Learning To Weld

Listen kid...........I had a kid gradute from Hobart welding school .............he could weld up a storm..........I set him up doing weldments...1/2 later I see him sitting on his ***.I said ya gotta do the other 3 sides ..... he said I don't know how to use the crane..........WHAT DO YOU THINK I SAID TO HIM?........What i'm telling you here is there's more to just welding.......and what you need is ONLT THUR EXPERIENCE ....... I slap chans arounf 20 ton weldments and more then like I pick up a pen....... You gotta drive a forklift truck too .........and think nothing like it ?????????? Hate to burst you bubble but there's a ton of Sh**t ya gotta do besides weld.........BTY ......I can each a first timer to weld perfect in a 1/2 hour..........ain't no good unless he can drive the forklift or use that crane........ALL COMES FROM CONFIDENCE AND IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN OVER NIGHT..........SORRY........ just facts

Comment

Working...
      X