Portable Winch for Trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sberry View Post
    For me it would be a cum a long and a strap for the rare occasion I needed it, very portable.
    Maybe for him it's not such a rare occurence to need this. Anyway he already has the winch, now might as well make it usable for what he bought it for.

Comment

Originally posted by FernTJ View Post
      I was thinking of the same thing. It may be tricky, and possibly dangerous, to try and pull something onto a trailer that isn't anchored to the tow vehicle. If the winch can't be attached to the trailer then the next best thing would be a design that allows the trailer to be attached to the hitch while winching a sled up.
      This is what I was looking for...heading out to pick one up tommorow and will post pics once I get it mounted. Thanks for suggesting this.

For me it would be a cum a long and a strap for the rare occasion I needed it, very portable.
      Maybe for him it's not such a rare occurence to need this. Anyway he already has the winch, now might as well make it usable for what he bought it for.
      Has happened twice in 7 years...not often in my book. I take my wife and 4 kids with when I go and my kids sleds are safe, but older...stuff happens...seen new sleds blow up too. I saw the winch...got the idea...and was looking for good suggestions like to one above. While I appreciate the simplicity of the come a long, chose the winch instead. I have some other uses for it as well, and hence why I am looking for a flexible setup.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions...will post the pics soon.

Comment

Working...
      X