Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chassis dyno articulating arm lcd panel(s) mount

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chassis dyno articulating arm lcd panel(s) mount

I would like to make something like this, doesn't have to be as extensive. I need it to mount to the ceiling above a car and be able to swing 2 lcd panels around either side of a car on a dyno. Anyone have a clue where I can get or make some swivel pieces similar to these? Thank you for your time,Dk

Do not know how much you intend to spend... those things are expensive new... if you are not in a hurry, I would check local hospital and university surplus... they are always upgrading monitoring electronics...
    You might take some time to get to know someone in maintenance or facilities management... you may uncover a goodmine..
    Similar arms have been in use for CNC equip for many years... so industrial surplus.... or your locall scrap yard could be a good bet...
    Good Luck!!

Comment

Get a machinist to make you to sleeves for a good size bolt that you can insert a UHMW washer in between, long enough that you'll be able to tig them on a some 1 X 2 X .100 rectangular tubing to each sleeve, then you can tig your wall mount at one end of tubing and your monitor mount at the other end.

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.