Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Satin black paint for XMT 300 CC/CV front?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satin black paint for XMT 300 CC/CV front?

I have been working on restoring a Miller XMT 300 CC/CV. It is mostly in a fine working shape and required a few minor things.

One was that the display selector switch that switches display between voltage and current, was broken. I took the board out, desoldered the broken switch and soldered a good one in. No big deal.

I also painted the case with Royal Blue Paint from Ace hardware, which worked great and looks awesome and matches the original paint very closely.

Now what I have, is the black "face" of the welder where all the knobs are. It is painted with a black satin paint, but there is a lot of discoloration.

Any idea what paint I could use? (probably it would be better to apply it with a brush instead of spraying and masking).

thanks

i
Working...
X
Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.