Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help welding helical flight.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help welding helical flight.

I'd like to build a welding table to weld augers.Any ideas?

Grain augars?

JUst curious as to what type of augars and if so where can you get material to build your own grain augars.

Comment

One source is these people. http://www.rfsaugerflighting.com/

They have been around for a few years, I remember them advertising in farm magazines and newspapers back in the '80's. Unfortunately, have no personal experience with them, just never had occasion to deal with them.

You can also order helical (continuous) or sectional flights thru many bearing supply/power transmission dealers, find one that deals with Martin Sprocket or Screw Conveyer Corp. or similar. Usually what I do.

To answer the original question, if you plan to build many of these, you need a rack, not a table, that will hold the center pipe high enough to fit the flighting on it. Also a way of stretching the helicoil so it tightens up on the pipe before welding. I still build them occasionally, but just do them on the ground or the back of the truck, nothing fancy.

Comment

Wvwelder13

Any ideas on augar making you have come up with not posted?I'm intrested in this idea of building them yourself. Any thoughts you have please share.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.