Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcoming Project Challenge

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welding Test

Here`s the deal,gotta a welding test coming up and the sooner I get it done the better.My thing is what will the test entail.Before you ask...they won`t tell me.Anyway...I am a welder,specialty Flux Core.14 yrs./4 actually pending.But...this is my dilemma for now.
    Holla Back
    S.A.M.

Comment

Thank you all for your comments on what you would like to see in this years Welding Project Challenge. Our team has taken a lot of your ideas into consideration and come March 19th (if you are a subscriber to Power Click) you will be able to see how we have laid out this year's Challenge.

Thanks again and hope to see all of you enter a project this year

Comment

I think the trick is to judge based on creativity and execution rather than monetary worth. That's the only way you can have a relatively level playing feild. I don't know that any time or money limitations will be adhereded to in reality and I think the coolest stuff will take the longest time and the most money anyway. The problem with catagorys for types of projects is some of the most inventive stuff may not fit in any catagory. I'd like to see people allowed to keep their projects and not lose any rights to use them anyway they please. I'd like to see the finalists projects on streaming video too so we can see any moving parts operating and veiws from all angles before the final vote. How about three catagorys under 50 lb., under 200 lb. and unlimited.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.