Angle grinder wheels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angle grinder wheels

I found about 6 4 1/2 in grinding wheels for Masonry. I don't really need these and I am wondering if they will also work on grinding metal?????
    Don
    Scottsdale, AZ
    www.savagesun4x4.com

MillerMatic 211 AS
    Hypertherm PowerMax30
    Bernard 300 Amp Q Gun
    Bernard 200 Amp Q Gun
    Milwaukee Band-saw/stand
    10 Angle Grinders 8, 4 1/2" -2, 7"
    DeWalt Chop Saw
    Craftsman Twin-Blade Saw
    12 Ton Shop Press
    Optrel Satellite Helmet
    Miller Elite Helmet
    sigpic

Savage those wheels will disintegrate about 5 seconds after touching metal. Found out when I got in a hurry at Lowe's and bought masonary instead of steel. But being me I figured it was a bad disk and put another one on and the same thing happened before I actually read on the disk what it was for.

I have a hole in my garage door and in my drywall from flying debris. And a dent in my water heater and a bruised inner thigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeldriver View Post
      Savage those wheels will disintegrate about 5 seconds

I have a hole in my garage door and in my drywall from flying debris. And a dent in my water heater and a bruised inner thigh.
      And now you know WHY I am asking...thanks, I will try to exchange them at Home Depot.
      Don
      Scottsdale, AZ
      www.savagesun4x4.com

MillerMatic 211 AS
      Hypertherm PowerMax30
      Bernard 300 Amp Q Gun
      Bernard 200 Amp Q Gun
      Milwaukee Band-saw/stand
      10 Angle Grinders 8, 4 1/2" -2, 7"
      DeWalt Chop Saw
      Craftsman Twin-Blade Saw
      12 Ton Shop Press
      Optrel Satellite Helmet
      Miller Elite Helmet
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeldriver View Post
        Savage those wheels will disintegrate about 5 seconds after touching metal. Found out when I got in a hurry at Lowe's and bought masonary instead of steel. But being me I figured it was a bad disk and put another one on and the same thing happened before I actually read on the disk what it was for.

So I'm not the only one who has put one on with out realizing it, good to now I'm not the only one. By the way, I got pretty much the same results as you did. Dave
        If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

sigpicJohn Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
        Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

Just in case your wondering concrete cutting wheels don't cut steel either. They fly apart but with much less force than the grinding wheels.

Comment

Working...
          X