Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angle grinder wheels

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angle grinder wheels

I found about 6 4 1/2 in grinding wheels for Masonry. I don't really need these and I am wondering if they will also work on grinding metal?????

Savage those wheels will disintegrate about 5 seconds after touching metal. Found out when I got in a hurry at Lowe's and bought masonary instead of steel. But being me I figured it was a bad disk and put another one on and the same thing happened before I actually read on the disk what it was for.

I have a hole in my garage door and in my drywall from flying debris. And a dent in my water heater and a bruised inner thigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeldriver View Post
      Savage those wheels will disintegrate about 5 seconds

I have a hole in my garage door and in my drywall from flying debris. And a dent in my water heater and a bruised inner thigh.
      And now you know WHY I am asking...thanks, I will try to exchange them at Home Depot.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeldriver View Post
        Savage those wheels will disintegrate about 5 seconds after touching metal. Found out when I got in a hurry at Lowe's and bought masonary instead of steel. But being me I figured it was a bad disk and put another one on and the same thing happened before I actually read on the disk what it was for.

So I'm not the only one who has put one on with out realizing it, good to now I'm not the only one. By the way, I got pretty much the same results as you did. Dave

Comment

Just in case your wondering concrete cutting wheels don't cut steel either. They fly apart but with much less force than the grinding wheels.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.