Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

front plow blade for bolens tractor

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front plow blade for bolens tractor

Hey guys IM BUILDING A PLOW FOR MY 16 HORSE BOLENS THINKING OF GOING WITH A 4 FT BLADE OUT OF 1/8TH PLATE WITH A 22DEG BEND IN THE BOTTOM 2 INCHES piece of 1 1/2x 1 1/2 angle top of the blade and over the bend in the blade using 2x 3/8 flat bar for supports in the middle and caping the ends with 1 1/2x 1 1/2x 1/8 angle face in on the ends I will be mounting this to a frame that is used to mount the factory snow blower to the tractor that has hydrolic lift. using it to move fill in the yard. will also be adding a 2x1/4 flat bar as cutting edge. do you think this will be strong engough or do I need to make beefier?thanks garth

front plow blade for bolens tractor

I would guess that will be heavy enough unless you plan on moving bolders instead of fill dirt. I think you will run out of tractor before ya bend the blade.

Comment

Working...
    X
    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.