Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

3035 3545 Spool guns

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3035 3545 Spool guns

Is the only difference between the 3035 and the 3545 the barrell on them? It looks like you can buy a heavy duty barrel for a 3035, would adding that make it the equilalent of a 3545?

Reason I am asking is I have a 3545 but would like to do .23 wire, if I bought the barrell that the 3035 comes with and the proper rollers and tips could I run .23 wire in a 3545? From what I can see the guns look the same with the exception of the barrells.

oops wrong section I think, can someone move this to the right place.

What do your tips look like? I am not to familiar with the inners of that gun but i am sure you can get an .023 tip. I converted my 3035 spoolgun to use standard miller mig gun tips so maybe you can do the same thing. As far as the rollers they may go down to .023 wire but i am not sure. I just bought a set of rollers for my 3035 and they were 32 bucks...Bob

Comment

the resources link on this page above lists both models and I would say you could just order the drive rolls and head tube assembly for the 3035 and swap them out to run .o23 wire.
      In fact, my 3545 came with 2 head tubes. One for o30 to 047 and one for 023 to 035. It was used and I guess the previous owner had done exactly that.
      Another thought is just try an 023 tip in the one you have now. You would still have to change the drive rolls.
      Last edited by mooseye; 01-28-2008, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Not sure what the spoolgun tips look like in comparison to the welder gun tips, I don't have the welder here right now. I got the welder (mm210) a month ago and haven't even used it yet, and the gun I got on Friday but they sent the wrong one, I ordered a 3035 but got a 3545. .023 rollers are available for the 3035 but arent listed as an option for a 3545. I just went over the schematic in the manual and it does look like the "gearbox assembly" is different between the two guns, I guess what I need to know is if the 023 rollers will work with it.

Comment

I can measure mine if you want....

Comment

No thats ok, thanks for the offer though, I will try to interchange the tips when I get home.

Still need help with the roller interchange if anyone knows.

Comment

Tracked down some good pictures of each tip. aametalmaster what did you do to convert your gun?

For Miller 210 gun

http://www.millerwelds.com/parts/pop...tos/000067.jpg

For Spoolmate 3545

http://www.millerwelds.com/parts/pop...tos/199387.jpg
              Last edited by G M; 01-28-2008, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I just drilled mine out in a lathe and re tapped it 1/4-28. Looks like they already made yours a tad bigger than what the 3035 spoolgun takes. I don't know if there would be enough meat around your hole to tap it bigger but it may be worth looking into...Bob

Comment

Originally posted by G M View Post
                  Not sure what the spoolgun tips look like in comparison to the welder gun tips, I don't have the welder here right now. I got the welder (mm210) a month ago and haven't even used it yet, and the gun I got on Friday but they sent the wrong one, I ordered a 3035 but got a 3545. .023 rollers are available for the 3035 but arent listed as an option for a 3545. I just went over the schematic in the manual and it does look like the "gearbox assembly" is different between the two guns, I guess what I need to know is if the 023 rollers will work with it.
                  If you will refer back to the online manual and look at the parts list for both guns, you will see that both guns use the same drive and push roll for .030/.035 wire. Therefor I sumise that the .023 drive and push rolls will work on either gun.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.