Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rollcage for my RC car

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollcage for my RC car

Just thought I would post some pics of my latest boredom breaking project.
    It is made from 3/16" steel, bent by hand and welded with my Millermatic 175.
    The car is a Traxxas Rustler. It works good but might be a little heavy since I keep breaking suspension parts. It is allot of fun though.
    Attached Files

Looks sweet, I've been wanting to build one for my Revo, made a sprint car frame for my rc10gt years ago, but never put the truck in it

Comment

This is looking awesome. Now you need a skid plate. Make sure you post this too.

Comment

Looks great!! heres a pic of one that i used to have for my MGT... i didnt make it though, but yours looks pro!
        Also a pic of the traxxas stampede... dont have one of my Nitro 4-tec unfortunately.Name:  9f334f52b7e36c2a3618816f7f37ff77.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  79.3 KBName:  abfc3d9258456184c14d9846f63e4903.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  103.8 KB

Comment

Thanks

If anyone is going to make one here is what I suggest;
          In this pic Name:  6c42ba3f26c3c04f09a50d8b050a21b8.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  60.2 KB the bottom rail on the side I would make lower to protect the middle of the chassis.
          3/16" steel is big enough.
          keep the cage over the shock towers to protect the top when you're upside down.
          Leave the roof open so you can get at the battery without taking the cage off
          and buy a few extra SPUR GEARS.
          Thanks for the comments.

Daniel - Skid plate is good idea but my car is too low as is, maybe on Sammy's truck it would work better. Thanks

Comment

Put it on Pirate and see how long it takes for a "needs more triangulation." Nice job.

Comment

Nice looking cage!
              To cut down on the weight, how would the steel hydraulic brake or fuel tubing work. I have thought about using it for a frame and roll cage for a couple free lance large scale RC cars.

Modified/converted 1/10 to 1/6 scale chassis and body nitro engine. It scares people when it is sailing across a parking lot at 35MPH

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.