Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

offroad bumper

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• offroad bumper

hello i would like to build an offroad bumper for my toyota tacoma truck does anyone happen to have a set of plans available? thank you

Plans? No, but most just take out the measuring tape and work off photos from the Internet.

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isc...610l0.4.6.1l11

Comment

Off Road Bumper!

Name:  a3bd9195cf93aeb0813f933b1fa4e1bb.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  42.1 KB
      Just Started building a bumper for my jeep this week. I used foam sheets to template and find the shape i wanted and from there it was to the plate of steel, plasma cutter, and tig welder!
      Name:  bbc4fc162116997675fbd76920113d3f.jpg
Size:  44.7 KB

Comment

Originally posted by Tim B View Post
        hello i would like to build an offroad bumper for my toyota tacoma truck does anyone happen to have a set of plans available? thank you
        The design variables are endless. Do you want to fab a tube style, C-channel, rectangular tubing, plate with lots of angles? Aluminum or Steel? For the street or off road racing or rock crawling?

Comment

thats what i do when someone wants a bumper for their utv or truck . i just tell them to search the internet and bring me a picture or website with the picture and i go from there.it's not a really nice practice to fully copy someone elses work so i just change up a few parts of the design to make it a bit diferent.

Comment

off road bumper

Didn't have any plans, just an imagination. This is what I madeName:  81641b2246973cc4d3690243c5c411a7.jpg
Size:  64.8 KB

Comment

offroad bumper

another view

Name:  d6facf5638d0ff20a32150a1b4a20317.jpg
Size:  55.5 KB

Comment

Here's mine

It's 1/4" plate. Just start cutting and tacking. I like the paper idea, that looked like a smart plan.
                Name:  275aa7ec2a86e7ea362a9818c1d4f554.jpg
Size:  42.2 KBName:  1b74127d7c0431eebec49f2290cd5e84.jpg
Size:  44.8 KBName:  1d339e19c01332c20136688160483c4d.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  35.8 KB

Comment

offroad bumper

hey panheadman;

that's a great bumper. i've got a "old" tundra; do you think that would fit? How much does that weigh? Does it mess up the balance of the truck especially with a winch on it.
                  my truck already has too much weight up front without anything and with a bed cover and tools and stuff in the back. with ABS only on the back, i do a lot of sliding sometimes on the florida ice.

Comment

bumper

Don't know if 'old' and 'new' interchange. It weighs app 110 and winch adds about 65 to it

Comment

how thick is the material you used ? i have a tacoma and don't want to go to heavy ( weight wise )

Comment

@panheadman
                        I like the bumper, it looks well built.

I fabricated a full replacement for a friend's Ranger a while back outta 1/8" diamond plate with a 3" pipe, 1/4" wall for support. End result was around 100 lbs and hardly dropped the front suspension any.

Comment

Originally posted by jessehornberger View Post
                          Name:  a3bd9195cf93aeb0813f933b1fa4e1bb.jpg
Size:  42.1 KB
                          Just Started building a bumper for my jeep this week. I used foam sheets to template and find the shape i wanted and from there it was to the plate of steel, plasma cutter, and tig welder!
                          Name:  bbc4fc162116997675fbd76920113d3f.jpg
Size:  44.7 KB
                          Hey Jesse! It's your fellow Dedoes welder... Guess who... Hint I always turn your tig welder off right before you start a bead....

Comment

I built a bumper for a suburban.

I built a bumper with a winch, running lights, and fog lights and made it custom to the 1993 suburban.
                            see more pictures here: http://photobucket.com/diywp_bumper_winch

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.