Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

tubing rack

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tubing rack

im in the process of re-doing my garage and currently have a tubing rack that sits on the floor and im trying to free up all the floor space i can so i want to mount my tubing on the wall and im trying to figure out the strongest best way to do this for 8 different sizes of tubing but also keep it small, so if you have any pics of what you have made,or any places where you can buy something like this post em up! Thanks guys
    Last edited by t chassis; 06-30-2011, 11:24 PM.

How big of tubing and how many?

Comment

What this is Galvanized Heavy-Duty Shelving System, when I bought it they sold it at Home Despot. Since then rubber maid made them an exclusive offer to handle only their brand.
      Same brand as Lee Valley sells
      it is in Shelf Hardware > Heavy-Duty Shelving Systems

I have used everything, but 40" Hang Track

One wall floor to ceiling 24 feet long has the racks screwed to the wall stud with 3 " heavy duty screws the tracks are 1" high and 5/8" wallboard. Gives me around 2" of screw bite. I have the shelf racks on every wall studs. The only problem was were I had two brackets holding up the shorts in the center section of the photo below. I did over load it and used a thin plywood shelf so it bowed slightly, but didn't fall I welded two sections of rack together, so it can be free standing for the sheet metal storage.

If you have a local wood craft store they also sell them

The wire grilles in the first photo, are the old style grilles covering 8 Foot fluorescent fixtures

Comment

Originally posted by PTsideshow View Post

What this is Galvanized Heavy-Duty Shelving System, when I bought it they sold it at Home Despot. Since then rubber maid made them an exclusive offer to handle only their brand.
        Same brand as Lee Valley sells
        it is in Shelf Hardware > Heavy-Duty Shelving Systems

I have used everything, but 40" Hang Track

One wall floor to ceiling 24 feet long has the racks screwed to the wall stud with 3 " heavy duty screws the tracks are 1" high and 5/8" wallboard. Gives me around 2" of screw bite. I have the shelf racks on every wall studs. The only problem was were I had two brackets holding up the shorts in the center section of the photo below. I did over load it and used a thin plywood shelf so it bowed slightly, but didn't fall I welded two sections of rack together, so it can be free standing for the sheet metal storage.

If you have a local wood craft store they also sell them

The wire grilles in the first photo, are the old style grilles covering 8 Foot fluorescent fixtures
        Looks like you have 5 lbs in a 3 lbs sack!
        Wish you would come and work on my shop for a couple weeks.

Comment

I wish he were my neighbor. What a nice array of various materials there PT. Well organized as well.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.