Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trailer mounted BBQ smoker Project Pics included

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer mounted BBQ smoker Project Pics included

Last weekend got started on trailer for a new smoker. Saw the show on modern marvels about BBQ and wanted to make my own. Soon as the sun goes down and it is not 115 out gonna get the firebox and main chamber done tonight. Anyone else interested in building one or has already done one I would like any feedback.

NOCHEAPGAS perfect idea of what I want but square

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by redman3638 View Post
      Glad you found my project. There's an Excell worksheet floating around that calculates the smoke box and fire box sizes for you whether you are using a round or square configuration. You might try and Google it, I don't have it on my home computer. Keep us posted on your build.

Comment

New pics of what I got done today.

New pics
        Attached Files

Comment

more pics Saturday

more pics Saturday
          Attached Files

Comment

That tank needs to be secured to the wall, or you may find yourself unable to finish your BBQ. Those things become unguided rockets if they get knocked over. Chain it to something.

Charley

Comment

More pics Monday night

What I got done today
              Attached Files

Comment

I see 2 boxes, both with a place for racks. Am I missing something....where's the firebox?

Comment

Firebox

Is on the bottom of the uprite chamber. I will get a better picture tonight.

Comment

You may need a hinge on the chimney. That last picture looks like the chimney is taller than the door behind it. Oops !! (I hope I'm wrong).

I haven't seen any square smokers on trailers before. This is interesting. Please keep the pictures coming.

Charley

Comment

Interesting design. How does the smoke enter the upright chamber?

Comment

have you given thought to where your weight is being distributed ?it looks like you got alot of the weght on the rear of the trailer and that may result in some swaying going down the highway.

Comment

It looks like you are doing a reverse flow design, but I have a couple of questions for you: I don't see any kind of lip or stop to keep the grease draining back into the firebox and I don't see any type of drain to get the grease out of the main pit area. Just a thought.
                          Someone else had mentioned the pit calculator earlier and this is the link that I used to build mine and it worked great.
                          http://www.feldoncentral.com/bbqcalculator.html

The pit looks great so far!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.