Welding skid for tb 302g

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding skid for tb 302g

Sold my sa200 and went blue with no regrets. Set up on skid fabed out of 2 3/8 sch 40 pipe and 4x2 angle.
    Attached Files

Looks nice.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Comment

Thanks! it took me about 3 hours to build and paint and about $35 left over material from job always helps

Comment

Thats awesome, Im literally in the process of designing my own skid for a trailblazer, and believe it or not, I just happen to have about 40 feet of 2" sch40 laying around that it never dawned on me could be used for this... Can I ask you for a pic, or an explanation of the mounting/tie down process you use? Im really un-decided about how im going to lock mine down.. I used to bolt the machine down onto a bracket I had permanently bolted to the bed, but that got in the way too much.
        Also, are you lifting from the eye on the machine or are you forking it in? Im looking to load mine with a gantry.

Comment

Nice skid. Thanks for posting!

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Smith View Post
            Thats awesome, Im literally in the process of designing my own skid for a trailblazer, and believe it or not, I just happen to have about 40 feet of 2" sch40 laying around that it never dawned on me could be used for this... Can I ask you for a pic, or an explanation of the mounting/tie down process you use? Im really un-decided about how im going to lock mine down.. I used to bolt the machine down onto a bracket I had permanently bolted to the bed, but that got in the way too much.
            Also, are you lifting from the eye on the machine or are you forking it in? Im looking to load mine with a gantry.
            I would add a couple extra bottle mounts besides the oxy/acet so you have the option to put a spare oxy/acet or something for mig if needed. That way you don't have to worry about running out when a bottle is low because you have full one on hand.

I would lift off the skid instead of the machine & also leave room under for forks so you have both options.
            MM250
            Trailblazer 250g
            22a feeder
            Lincoln ac/dc 225
            Victor O/A
            MM200 black face
            Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
            Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
            Arco roto-phase model M
            Vectrax 7x12 band saw
            Miller spectrum 875
            30a spoolgun w/wc-24
            Syncrowave 250
            RCCS-14

Comment

Mmm, I can smell the new truck just looking at the pics!! Not a bad looking setup. One thing about skids,beds and decks, we're always improving upon our own after seeing someone else's. Just this afternoon I decided to improve the mounts for my machine and gonna feel way more confident on this latest change.
              So why the change from the SA200?

Comment

its tied down to the hideaway gooseneck chains

Comment

Originally posted by Cornerstone View Post
                  Mmm, I can smell the new truck just looking at the pics!! Not a bad looking setup. One thing about skids,beds and decks, we're always improving upon our own after seeing someone else's. Just this afternoon I decided to improve the mounts for my machine and gonna feel way more confident on this latest change.
                  So why the change from the SA200?
                  ready for a new welder that had more options the old 200 was limited to only a few things. and let me tell you i dont regret it. the 200 was a really good welder but thats all. i needed something to run jackhammers etc....

Comment

Sorry i forgot to tell you that I put a stainless boat hook rated for 15000# in the center of the skid to lift from middle but a d-ring would work to

Comment

gooseneck is a really good idea, wish I had one of those. Ah well. I picked up some C channel yesterday... We will see what results...

Comment

Looks pretty good to me. Actually, it looks a LOT like my old rig. I lost my 07 Dodge. The skid method is great. I just put my skid on my new to me truck since I retired my old truck. I just yanked it off the old one and dropped it on the new one. Just a few bolts and you are done. Easy is the best way, IMO. I just need to paint mine some day...the primer is starting to look bad.Click image for larger version

Name:	TB carrier-short leads.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	511731Click image for larger version

Name:	TB Carrier - Rigged 2.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	511732
                        Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
                        '06 12RC feeder
                        Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
                        Esab Multimaster 260
                        Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Think I saw you out and about yesterday. If that was your rig, it looks great! Sent ya an email.
                          Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
                          '06 12RC feeder
                          Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
                          Esab Multimaster 260
                          Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	skid2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.2 KB