Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ventilation Question

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ventilation Question

Hi everyone, new guy here.
    Great forum, very informative.

I have a large blower going out the window with 6"round steel ducting running overhead that works well for overhead fumes, but then i learned argon is heavier than air so i am thinking i should run the ducting to ground level also.

Any opinions?

Forums are sweet, Like brainstorming with 1000 people!

Ventalation should be below the welders nose according to the aws so the welder doesnt have a chance of breathing the fumes it wouldnt hurt to run another vent down low.

Comment

Best setup would be to have a 4" or 6" hose that you can put close to the source of fumes. That way they are collected before you have a chance of collecting them in your lungs.

Argon shouldn't be a problem unless you are working in a confined space or in a low area that would allow it to collect in the same place you have your nose stuck in.

If in a confined space follow the proper procedures and you will be alright.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Bigkid, I cant help you out on this topic but there are plenty here who can and will.

We look forward to seeing plenty of pics of your work.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Nice to have some objective opinions vs convincing myself whats right.

Pictures hopefully soon, Just getting going so not very much to see yet.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.