Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

mm 251

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George, we have new types like that here. They move in from all these big cities and gripe about how bad it is...then they turn around and petition for new ordinances or sue everyone in sight and end up making it just as bad as where they left. I am just now considered a local here. It takes about 13-14 years before the real locals will accept you. Some of the trouble makers will never be accepted.

Mac, when I was working in No. Va., there were subdivisions that required a "residential critical" muffler on all powered equipment. When I was looking at getting one...from B&R no less...they warned me about making too many bends. One 90 turn will reduce exh efficiency by 10%. I was told not to go above 30% and all would be well. I would assume the new engines would be around the same tolerance?

Comment

Originally posted by DDA52
      One 90 turn will reduce exh efficiency by 10%. I was told not to go above 30% and all would be well. I would assume the new engines would be around the same tolerance?
      Yeah, but what about the auxiliary muffler design itself?

Comment

The one they were trying to sell me was a straight, bullet type. No twists and turns inside that I know of. It wasn't an issue to them as they had done quite a few like that. They also suggested to make it removeable. Weld a 90 pipe fitting to the factory muffler and set up a carrier to cradle the aux muffler. That way it would be used only when needed and could be removed esaily. I guess in the long run, it would put less strain on it that way too.

The design suggested was this...90 off the muffler on the machine....aux muffler pointing to machine front....and another 90 fitting to direct the flow away from your face when at the machine front. They said that was the preferred setup at the time for the Bobus 225G. They were both Miller and Onan certified, so I suppose, knowing them like I did and do, they weren't steering me wrong.

Comment

Sounds good to me. I always wanted to do it while the TB was trailered. Now, I'm looking into getting/making a full-blown welding body on the back and might kick the idea around some more afterwards.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.