Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I have just recently started building tube frames for my 1/10th scale remote control trucks out of 1/4 inch brake line. I use a torch with mapp gas to braze the joints. Right now I'm useing Harris Saftey Silver 45% silver brazing alloy, it works great. The only problem is that it cost about $27 a troy ounce. I was wondering is anyone would know of something else I could use with mapp gas to braze my joints thats cheaper.

I have a small propane torch i bought more than 30 years ago that will braze. Sure wish they still have them now i would point you to one...Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Harris sil-phos 15% copper brazing alloy. With the same flux you are using for the silver solder, it brazes steel just fine. It's no where near as pretty as the 45% silver, though.

Comment

Originally posted by justinhinger View Post
        I have just recently started building tube frames for my 1/10th scale remote control trucks out of 1/4 inch brake line. I use a torch with mapp gas to braze the joints. Right now I'm useing Harris Saftey Silver 45% silver brazing alloy, it works great. The only problem is that it cost about $27 a troy ounce. I was wondering is anyone would know of something else I could use with mapp gas to braze my joints thats cheaper.
        You can just use brass brazing rod, a lot less money than silver.

Comment

Working...
        X