Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I have just recently started building tube frames for my 1/10th scale remote control trucks out of 1/4 inch brake line. I use a torch with mapp gas to braze the joints. Right now I'm useing Harris Saftey Silver 45% silver brazing alloy, it works great. The only problem is that it cost about $27 a troy ounce. I was wondering is anyone would know of something else I could use with mapp gas to braze my joints thats cheaper.

I have a small propane torch i bought more than 30 years ago that will braze. Sure wish they still have them now i would point you to one...Bob

Comment

Harris sil-phos 15% copper brazing alloy. With the same flux you are using for the silver solder, it brazes steel just fine. It's no where near as pretty as the 45% silver, though.

Comment

Originally posted by justinhinger View Post
        I have just recently started building tube frames for my 1/10th scale remote control trucks out of 1/4 inch brake line. I use a torch with mapp gas to braze the joints. Right now I'm useing Harris Saftey Silver 45% silver brazing alloy, it works great. The only problem is that it cost about $27 a troy ounce. I was wondering is anyone would know of something else I could use with mapp gas to braze my joints thats cheaper.
        You can just use brass brazing rod, a lot less money than silver.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.