Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT sorry boys, and i think i need a little advice!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrange a robbery!
    "smokin' joints for 19 yrs."

A.A.S. Weld Tech.

AWS CWI 08011711

Comment

WO, my thoughts are with you brother. I know what you are going through and it does play h.... with the nerves and every other internal part of the body. I know its easier said than done but try to remain strong through everything, after it is all over, you'll be a stronger man.

P.S. If you need to talk, drop me a PM and I'll send you my phone number.
      Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
      Hobart Handler 187
      Dewalt Chop Saw
      4" Air Grinder
      Die Grinder
      Rigid Drill Press
      Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Comment

Originally posted by welder_one View Post
        well, my lawyer told me that it was illegal to "sell my tools" because the assets have been frozen. he also told me that it would look fishy to the judge. my tooling is not the main source of my income but a significant part of it, from that he said that she shouldnt be able to touch them. my flatbed (rig truck help) is owned by welder_one fabrications and it is protected as well as my machines and metal working tools. it is all of my snap-on, mac, matco, and cornwell hand tools and various others and that giant toolbox that it all sits in that has me scared...

Are your tools marked with your initials? If they are, their value is approximately 1/3 of unmarked. I wouldn't consider purchasing tools marked with another person's initials in any case.

If they are not initialed, take this only as a hint.

Assuming that they are initialed, get an appraisal from an expert appraiser for tools of that type. You would only be liable to your spouse for the present value at the time of trial, not what you paid for them. The same is true for other items of personal property.

Then you can arange to trade other items that you don't want for your tool ownership value. I doubt, based on professional knowledge, that the court will force you to sell the tools. They are the tools of your trade and you need them to earn a living, something that your spouse apparently cares littles about. You will be permitted to keep them, albeit having to pay some value for them, initialed nicely, of course, heh heh.

If your present mouthpiece even vaguely suggests that you shold sell your tools, then clearly, he needs to be re-trained.

Despite what others may say about being fair and going to counseling, etc, that's all plain bad advice. The cat is out of the bag now. Once the divorce is filed, it's catch as catch can or Marquis of Queensbury rules. It's war.

Good luck.
        Last edited by Synchroman; 01-15-2008, 07:37 PM.
        Miller Syncrowave 200
        Milermatic 252
        Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"

Comment

Go for the Good Stuff

Consult your lawyer about if she can get FMV for the tools but Im with the guys saying go for her stuff. Make sure you go after the sentimental grandmothers earrings, china, ashes...... might be sick but thats low trying to take your tools.

Comment

alright boys, here is the deal. my lawyer said that he probably couldnt save my tools or my flatbed. he did slow it down and make it so very expensive that she quickly lost interest. it was costing her more in a week than she makes in a month.

i have had to seriously bust my tail on some work, though. it was pretty expensive on my part, too. she filed this time to all she has is hers and all i have is mine...only thing was a car that i have to give her half of fmv on, and that pretty much sums it up...
            welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
            www.sicfabrications.com

Comment

Good going on your tools and like I said during my divorce, it was money well spent. After all, it is only money and you cant take it with you, well you can but what will you spend it on

You still have the anxiety to put up with until the papers are signed but you have the peace of mind right now. I hope everything else goes fine for you.
              Ken

Hobart Handler 187
              Dewalt Chop Saw
              4" Air Grinder
              Die Grinder
              Rigid Drill Press

2009 FXDC

Comment

Glad to hear you made out as well as you did. I've never been divorced but my two brothers both have been... twice!
                Just think now you have plenty of time to work and won't have to listen to the nagging when you get home!
                at home:
                2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
                2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
                2008 Suitcase 12RC
                Spoolmatic 30A
                WC-24
                2009 Dynasty 200DX
                2000 XMT 304
                2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
                Sold:MM130XP
                Sold:MM 251
                Sold:CST 280

at work:
                Invision 350MP
                Dynasty 350
                Millermatic 350P
                Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Comment

my lawyer cost me $6,000 . the #*&#@! got $32,000 from out of me.(she decided she wanted to marry someone else,but he left her after 2 yrs)although she only got half of what she was trying for,i felt it was way too much for someone who contributed 0% financially.even helped support her through college.
                  2- XMT's 350 cc/cv
                  1- Blue star 185
                  1- BOBCAT 250
                  1- TRAILBLAZER 302
                  1- MILLER DVI
                  1- PASSPORT PLUS
                  1- DYNASTY 200 DX
                  1- MAXSTAR 150 STL
                  1- HF-251 BOX
                  1- S-74d
                  1- S-75DXA
                  2- 12-RC SUITCASES
                  1- 8-VS SUITCASE
                  2- 30 A SPOOLGUNS

Comment

I shop at Harbor Freight
                    Ed Conley
                    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                    MM252
                    MM211
                    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                    TA185
                    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                    O/A set
                    SO 2020 Bender
                    You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Glad it's getting better for ya man. Some things you shouldn't mess with are a mans tools, fishing and hunting equipment just to name a few. It's a bad deal and hate to hear it best of luck to ya.

Comment

Bin der, dun dat.
                        One night as I was falling asleep, in a soft, s*xy voice, my wife of 15 years whispered; "I want a divorce." Now that'll make ya soft!!
                        For all you young uns following your unit around, beware! You'll never know what she wants next. She'll scr*w you to get you married and she'll scr*w you in the divorce. Keep her working, that way she'll have a career when she leaves you.
                        70% of the divorces are initiated by the woman.
                        Good luck, welder_one. I'm glad you got the 'yours is yours, mine is mine'.
                        RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good for you Welder...........thats one for the good guys lol
                          Welding in Crete
                          Syncrowave 350 LX
                          Millermatic 252
                          Millermatic 180 w Spoolgun
                          Miller Gold Seal 155
                          Miller Elite welding helmet
                          JD2 Tubing bender with Hydraulic conversion
                          Evolution Raptor15" SteelDry Cut Saw
                          Hypertherm Powermax 30
                          Some really cool hammers BIG and small

Comment

Originally posted by welder_one View Post
                            alright boys, here is the deal. my lawyer said that he probably couldnt save my tools or my flatbed. he did slow it down and make it so very expensive that she quickly lost interest. it was costing her more in a week than she makes in a month.

i have had to seriously bust my tail on some work, though. it was pretty expensive on my part, too. she filed this time to all she has is hers and all i have is mine...only thing was a car that i have to give her half of fmv on, and that pretty much sums it up...
                            Good for you! Nice to hear from someone who actually listened to his lawyer, played by the rules, and ended up getting what he wanted anyway. There's a lesson in there for all.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnymag View Post
                              Good for you! Nice to hear from someone who actually listened to his lawyer, played by the rules, and ended up getting what he wanted anyway. There's a lesson in there for all.
                              That does not always work. Come to Lancaster County, Pa. Listened to my lawyer, still end up paying alimoney after she remarried. Vaseline is always on sale.

There is only one good place in America to get a divorce and that is Las Vegas, you live there 6 month and she doesn't even have to agree to it or be there.
                              Ken

Hobart Handler 187
                              Dewalt Chop Saw
                              4" Air Grinder
                              Die Grinder
                              Rigid Drill Press

2009 FXDC

Comment

Divorce

FU**k Her ..............Listen ......... 6 of my friends are lawyers.........LOL..........I heard alot...........donno what state your in but ................NOBODY CAN TAKE YOUR TOOLS OF THE TRADE !!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT EVEN THE IRS ........ YA NEED THEM TO WORK WITH ...........LOOK IN THAT DIRECTION AND MENTION IT TO UR LAWYER............IF HE/SHE IS1/2 SMART
                                THEY SHOULD KNOW THAT..............FRIGGIN EX'S WANT EVERYTHING WHERE THEY CAN USE IT OR NOT ?.... IT'S NOTHING BUT VINDICTIVE AT IT'S HEIGHT ................ MY EX WANTED MY HARLEY SHE COULDN'T RIDE IT .... NO LESS HAVE A GD MOTORCYCLE LICENSE..........LOL..........

Comment

Working...
                                X