New Elite Helmets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Elite Helmets

I Got A New Elite Digital Helmet And It Is Well Worth The $ Its Only 16oz And Comes With 5 Yr Warrnty :d

ive heard nothing but good about these helmets but i still love my jackson though

Comment

congrats on the new hood.
      i love my BWE, older modle, but still verry nice.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

Both.......

Originally posted by migman69 View Post
        ive heard nothing but good about these helmets but i still love my jackson though
        I have both a nice Jackson and a BWE. I like the fit of the Jackson and the filter on my BWE. Today, I used the Jackson. Tomorrow......who knows?
        Triggerman

Ammonia refrigeration tech
        Trailblazer 302 (yes, it's new)
        Millermatic 180 w/Autoset
        CST-250
        HF-15 High frequency
        XR15 w/Push-Pull Gun
        Victor O/A, DeWalt, North mask

"A professional knows what to do. A craftsman knows why."

Comment

Daaaang!!

thats some cash for one of them there hoods....wow!!

and I thought I was in like flint laying down 50 bucks for one of them there freightshanarbor tools.....job
          traded the MM180 in for a MM212
          lots room here for more machines like, a Plasma cutter oooohh yeah!
          tinkerer with many talents,master of none

Comment

I just scored a brand new one, Elite inferno for $200, the buy bought it, his wife found out about it or somethin, and he had to sell it...lol.My wife found out about it and i gave her the whole 'you dont think my eyes are pretty important to trust to some cheap helmet', it worked.

Comment

$200.00 is a great deal, i payed more than that for mine over 6 years ago.
              well worth the investment.
              gotta love the there my eyes gilt trip, gets the good ones every time.
              i told the wife it was the best one available and she said get it.

blackhawkgtr
              his loss your gain. congrats on the new hood.
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

Come on guys... you know your wives are like mine... they agree with everything I do and say...
                Mine just says, "Honey now what else can I do for ya"..
                Jim
                sigpicJim Young
                www.JimYo.com
                www.youtube.com/jimyo01

Comment

book-em Dano

you know your wives are like mine... they agree with everything I do and say...
                  Mine just says, "Honey now what else can I do for ya"..

ok Jim, I'm going to have to turn you over to the proper authority's. i don't know what you did to her but it must be illegal.

if they clear ya of the charges, you could get rich selling the instructions.
                  thanks for the help
                  ......or..........
                  hope i helped
                  sigpic
                  JAMES

Comment

I also just bought a Elite helmet (not digital) and was wondering a few things about it, How do you know when to change the batteries and is there a temp. rating for using the helmet? I live where its cold all the time and it seems like it acts different when i first start using it like its slow or something.
                    Sorry about the question not trying to steal this thread...

Ken

Comment

kuziken

not shore what you mean about charging the battery's, i just hang mine in the shop (not in the bag) and its been great for 6-7years. just recently starting to blink the change battery's light. its soler assisted so keeping it in the bag cant be great for battery life. as for temp ?? i know some have reported problems but don't know the temp they start at. i have never had this problem but don't use mine out in the winter, just in the shop in winter so about 35-40 deg. F. is about as low as mine is used in when i first start to heat up the shop, and thats not often or for long.
                      welcome to the site, good to have ya.
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      JAMES

Comment

I have always stored mine in the house where it is warm. When I go out it has always worked well in the colder temps. The only difference is I store it in the bag on a shelf, in the closet. It's been about five years and no problem with the batteries.

Comment

cool 5 years in the bag

Pitalplace I have always stored mine in the house where it is warm. When I go out it has always worked well in the colder temps. The only difference is I store it in the bag on a shelf, in the closet. It's been about five years and no problem with the batteries.

good to know you can leave it in the bag and still get good bat. life. i think 5 years is your $'s worth on a set of battery's. well its a lot longer than most.
                          mine just hangs on a bicycle hook( the ones that have plastic coating and look like this ? ) above my welding table. easy to grab and still secure enough i know it wont fall on accident.
                          thanks for the help
                          ......or..........
                          hope i helped
                          sigpic
                          JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
                            not shore what you mean about charging the battery's, i just hang mine in the shop (not in the bag) and its been great for 6-7years. just recently starting to blink the change battery's light. its soler assisted so keeping it in the bag cant be great for battery life.
                            fun4now I'm not to sure about your storage theory. I would think solar assist means it uses the battery to darken initially and then the solar takes over so the battery isn't used. I highly doubt that it charges it's self while hanging on the wall. It has the auto off feature but you could run the risk of it staying on if it is sensitive enough to darken when directed at the light in your work space. Not a big deal when you shut the lights off, but if it has the auto on feature it may turn back on next time you turn the lights on in your work area.
                            Not a problem if it's in the bag!!!
                            With battery life in the 2000 to 3000 hr range as listed in the brochure I don't think you will have problems anytime soon! 2-3000 hrs is a pile of welding time when you think about it. If your welding machine can display arc hrs just check it out next time you get a chance, you might be surprised.

As for the temp. part of the question I'm not sure about this helmet but my auto helmet is rated to -10c (14f) and +70c (158f) just to give you an idea.
                            at home:
                            2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
                            2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
                            2008 Suitcase 12RC
                            Spoolmatic 30A
                            WC-24
                            2009 Dynasty 200DX
                            2000 XMT 304
                            2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
                            Sold:MM130XP
                            Sold:MM 251
                            Sold:CST 280

at work:
                            Invision 350MP
                            Dynasty 350
                            Millermatic 350P
                            Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Comment

Thanks for all the input everyone, ive been welding for about 6 years now and this is my first auto darken helmet. I was worried that one day the batteries would be dead when i go to use it and i would flash myself.

Let me tell you, it was really hard for me getting use to this helmet.... i would weld and then ask my self "Did it darken?" "Do my eyes hurt?" and then i would thing about it so much i would give myself a headache All in all though i wish i had one when i first started welding.

Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X