Attached are some pictures of my latest project to repair a Meyers snow plow. As you can see in the two before pictures the left hand bracket broke off due to corrosion and got lost somewhere in a snow pile. The right side wasn't much better. First I cut off the corroded channel that attached to the blade of the plow. Then I skip welded 1/16 plate to the back of the blade. This section was more corroded than the rest of the blade and consequently thinner due to the higher stress from the attachment point. I replaced the corroded channel with a fabricated channel made from a piece of 1/8 x 2 flat stock and a 1/8 x 2 angle welded together. I continuously welded the fabricated channel to the new 1/16" back up plate. I fabricated a new bracket for the left side by cutting the flat section off a piece of 3/16 x 4 x 4 square tubing and then welding the two pieces together. I used a Ύ end mill and ball nosed end mill to mill the slot in the new bracket. I got it done after my friend Guy was done with one snow storm and before the next one. It was snowing as we installed it back on his truck.
Login or Sign Up
- Log in with