X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FUZZYWUZZY
    started a topic Has this happened to you?! ouch

Has this happened to you?! ouch

Layed my gun over a piece of tubing today after welding two 20' sections of angle together w/ flux core wire,,,,,Forgot to move my flippin leg though,,,,,wire went straight through my pants burned a nice round whole in my skin and cauterized itself instantly,,,,,,,,Can someone guess what my next word was?????
    I honestly believe Id rather smash fingers than do that again.

• I Bleed Blue
    replied
    Originally posted by JBFab View Post
    I was assembling a hopper made of sheet steel with a guy once, I was on the outside lining up the corners on the top sheet, while he was on the inside tacking overhead. Got most of the way done before those holy jeans done him in. Before I knew what happened he came jumping out screaming like a schoolgirl and ran to the bathroom. Of course being a first responder I was going to see if he needed a hand, that is before I realized a bb flew off and burnt into his bag. I just let him take it easy the rest of the day!
    I don't laugh at much stuff I read it loses something in the translation. OH I laughed so hard. Got a mental picture.

Leave a comment:

• JBFab
    replied
    I was assembling a hopper made of sheet steel with a guy once, I was on the outside lining up the corners on the top sheet, while he was on the inside tacking overhead. Got most of the way done before those holy jeans done him in. Before I knew what happened he came jumping out screaming like a schoolgirl and ran to the bathroom. Of course being a first responder I was going to see if he needed a hand, that is before I realized a bb flew off and burnt into his bag. I just let him take it easy the rest of the day!

Leave a comment:

• I Bleed Blue
    replied
    I drive for a freight Co and where short to work ah Well I were shorts all the time basically. Been racking my brain to make something to wrap around my ankle that will cover my shoe with out creating a lip for slag to sit in. Any helP?

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    bwachob.
    Miniwelder

welcome to the site. always good to add to the info pool.
    and ouch!!! torched off his finger. that dose not sound like fun.

Leave a comment:

• bwachob
    replied
    worst thing I have seen

I was working in a factory during a shutdown. Two electricians were using O/A to cut some unistrut about 30 ft in the air. The one with the torch lowered the business end into the other guys leather glove and squeezed the lever trying to get it out. He cut the 2nd guys ring finger off on his right hand. ouch, no blood though

Leave a comment:

• Miniwelder
    replied
    I was Tig welding and when i lifted my helmet up i still had a nice red hot filler rod in my hand and i stabbed the back of my head with it and also burned a hole in my favorite hat

Theres nothing like the smell of burnt hat and singed hair in the morning

By the way this is an awsome site!

Miniwelder

Leave a comment:

• KBar
    replied
    Originally posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    What a coincidence here. I weld for a living, ride a '79 XLCH (actually bought it new) and my doc back home goes by Dr. Bob. I grew up in NM though.
    Old Shovelhead ? Wow, is your wife's name Ginger by any chance ? The bike in my sig is the new one Im getting hopefully in March. I do want to build 2 trailers, one to haul it and one to pull with the bike with a welder attached. Im not sure of the weight it would pull so I need to check that first. I love both my hobbies about the same. When Im called home, I wanna be buried in my leather with my hood on and ready

Larger pic of my new bike to be
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jolly Roger
    replied
    Het Kbar

What a coincidence here. I weld for a living, ride a '79 XLCH (actually bought it new) and my doc back home goes by Dr. Bob. I grew up in NM though.

Leave a comment:

• tacmig
    replied
    I feel for him!

Originally posted by Propulsion View Post
    I had a tig welder who had a habit of putting the torch over his leg while sitting in his chair after finishing a weld and the tungsten burned a hole thru his nut sack. Needless to say he never did that again.
    Nothing worse than a bogus bag!

TacMig

Leave a comment:

• Propulsion
    replied
    I had a tig welder who had a habit of putting the torch over his leg while sitting in his chair after finishing a weld and the tungsten burned a hole thru his nut sack. Needless to say he never did that again.

Leave a comment:

• tacmig
    replied
    Yikes..

Looking back on the formentioned event, it really was luck that saved the boys from total loss. I was only 4 feet from the ground and was able to swing myself underside. With the situation at hand, this only took about a 10Th. of a second. The worst element of this injury was the ice treatment. "Chrispy frozen berries". Took 3 days off to comfort the boys and went back to a bunch of guys doing thier level best not to offend the bosses burnt bag. However, with all parts checking out O.K., they showed me the funny side and all in all, I guess it was pretty funny.

TacMig

Leave a comment:

• BDJ
    replied
    Originally posted by tacmig View Post
    Try roasting your berries on a piece of red hot strong pipe! O.K., here we go. Now remember this only happened once and if this happened to you, you would understand that this event stands out as one of those moments in life that doesn't require an encore. I was straddling a 8"X7/8" wall section of strong pipe in a position that is perhaps only performed by contortionists. I was pre-heating with my A/O when a piece of wood I was standing on gave way and I had no other route of escape but to pull a western stunt and ride the pipe. Both of my boys found there mark a top of red hot steel. With my 190 pounds of weight ensuring proper contact my crotch went up in flames and chestnuts were roasting on an open fire with medium well on the menu. I had a blistered bag and walked with a lest for 2 weeks.

Andy and Rick, I know your on this forum somewhere, so I don't need any more lip from you guys about this at work tomorrow! You had your laughs!

TacMig
    I can't tell you how many times I've burned myself in the past: filler and or stick rods in the legs, molten metal in boots, down chest ,into the ear canal, hands all the time. You get to feel and smell it all over again when jumping into hot shower at night. I count myself VERY lucky not to have burned the boys. It hurt me just to read that TacMig

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    With my 190 pounds of weight ensuring proper contact my crotch went up in flames and chestnuts were roasting on an open fire with medium well on the menu. I had a blistered bag and walked with a lest for 2 weeks.

thats just too painfull to read, i bet you can feel it just typing out the story.

Leave a comment:

• shorerider16
    replied
    Originally posted by tacmig View Post
    Try roasting your berries on a piece of red hot strong pipe! O.K., here we go. Now remember this only happened once and if this happened to you, you would understand that this event stands out as one of those moments in life that doesn't require an encore. I was straddling a 8"X7/8" wall section of strong pipe in a position that is perhaps only performed by contortionists. I was pre-heating with my A/O when a piece of wood I was standing on gave way and I had no other route of escape but to pull a western stunt and ride the pipe. Both of my boys found there mark a top of red hot steel. With my 190 pounds of weight ensuring proper contact my crotch went up in flames and chestnuts were roasting on an open fire with medium well on the menu. I had a blistered bag and walked with a lest for 2 weeks.

Andy and Rick, I know your on this forum somewhere, so I don't need any more lip from you guys about this at work tomorrow! You had your laughs!

TacMig
    I know I shouldn't, but I can't stop laughing. I'm sure I've got it coming my way now!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X