No announcement yet.

Has this happened to you?! ouch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mom was nearby and heard my exclamation of sh@t, no not shoot, all she did was laugh and say your dad must have taught you that.

LOL
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

I learned one day while tigging that if a hot filler rod slips outta your hands... don't try to catch it. I caught it just fine, however, the hot end burned into my neck about a 1/4" inch... felt deeper than that!
      at home:
      2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
      2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
      2008 Suitcase 12RC
      Spoolmatic 30A
      WC-24
      2009 Dynasty 200DX
      2000 XMT 304
      2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
      Sold:MM130XP
      Sold:MM 251
      Sold:CST 280

at work:
      Invision 350MP
      Dynasty 350
      Millermatic 350P
      Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Comment

Originally posted by c wagner View Post
        I learned one day while tigging that if a hot filler rod slips outta your hands... don't try to catch it. I caught it just fine, however, the hot end burned into my neck about a 1/4" inch... felt deeper than that!
        ouch i bet that felt good.

Comment

Burns come and go, I was welding outside in 20 below and had my carhart jacket on over bibs and all. I caught my arm on fire and wasn't even aware of it until my buddy slaps my head.

Worked with another guy, great welder. He lost his left arm as a kid on the farm and had a operational hook that he strapped around his shoulders to work. Had to grind him off the table once, he was tig welding and feeding with the hook when he touched the filler to the electrode and went to ground.

Comment

oops thats a ddozie, well today first day of class i grabbed a piece of hot plat andburnt the **** outta my finger whoops im a dummy.

Comment

heat cutting a 2x4 , dont know how a piece of molten metal went straight inside my boot !!!!

I FELT THAT IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO UNTIE IT AND YANK IT OFF

ended up with a dime size charbroiled skin burn
              A C T I O N ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN View Post
                heat cutting a 2x4 , dont know how a piece of molten metal went straight inside my boot !!!!

I FELT THAT IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO UNTIE IT AND YANK IT OFF

ended up with a dime size charbroiled skin burn
                I dont know what hurts worse, that or the Dr digging the metal out.

Human skin burning is the worst smell in the world.
                Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
                Hobart Handler 187
                Dewalt Chop Saw
                4" Air Grinder
                Die Grinder
                Rigid Drill Press
                Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Comment

I can actually smell the smell and my eyes water when I think about the time that I was getting ready to start a vert. down on some 12ga. galvanized and when I pulled the trigger, it just sort of "popped", and it all landed INSIDE my ear. Oh, trust me, you haven't lived until you've done that.
                  "smokin' joints for 19 yrs."

A.A.S. Weld Tech.

AWS CWI 08011711

Comment

Originally posted by arrowside View Post
                    I can actually smell the smell and my eyes water when I think about the time that I was getting ready to start a vert. down on some 12ga. galvanized and when I pulled the trigger, it just sort of "popped", and it all landed INSIDE my ear. Oh, trust me, you haven't lived until you've done that.
                    Sounds painful, not sure I want that to happen, I wear hearing aids in both ears, not only would it sizzle and burn, Dr Bob would be peeling plastic and rubber off my ear drum.
                    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
                    Hobart Handler 187
                    Dewalt Chop Saw
                    4" Air Grinder
                    Die Grinder
                    Rigid Drill Press
                    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Comment

Ohh, you're all whimps!

Try roasting your berries on a piece of red hot strong pipe! O.K., here we go. Now remember this only happened once and if this happened to you, you would understand that this event stands out as one of those moments in life that doesn't require an encore. I was straddling a 8"X7/8" wall section of strong pipe in a position that is perhaps only performed by contortionists. I was pre-heating with my A/O when a piece of wood I was standing on gave way and I had no other route of escape but to pull a western stunt and ride the pipe. Both of my boys found there mark a top of red hot steel. With my 190 pounds of weight ensuring proper contact my crotch went up in flames and chestnuts were roasting on an open fire with medium well on the menu. I had a blistered bag and walked with a lest for 2 weeks.

Andy and Rick, I know your on this forum somewhere, so I don't need any more lip from you guys about this at work tomorrow! You had your laughs!

TacMig
                      We depend On:
                      Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
                      Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
                      Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
                      Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
                      Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
                      Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
                      American National Standards Institute
                      American Welding Society
                      The Welding Institute
                      Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
                      Metal Cr
                      afters

Comment

Originally posted by tacmig View Post
                        Try roasting your berries on a piece of red hot strong pipe! O.K., here we go. Now remember this only happened once and if this happened to you, you would understand that this event stands out as one of those moments in life that doesn't require an encore. I was straddling a 8"X7/8" wall section of strong pipe in a position that is perhaps only performed by contortionists. I was pre-heating with my A/O when a piece of wood I was standing on gave way and I had no other route of escape but to pull a western stunt and ride the pipe. Both of my boys found there mark a top of red hot steel. With my 190 pounds of weight ensuring proper contact my crotch went up in flames and chestnuts were roasting on an open fire with medium well on the menu. I had a blistered bag and walked with a lest for 2 weeks.

Andy and Rick, I know your on this forum somewhere, so I don't need any more lip from you guys about this at work tomorrow! You had your laughs!

TacMig
                        I know I shouldn't, but I can't stop laughing. I'm sure I've got it coming my way now!
                        Dynasty 200DX, first generation
                        Makita 5" grinder
                        Makita 14" abrasive saw
                        IR SS5L compressor
                        Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
                        and a wish list a mile long

Comment

With my 190 pounds of weight ensuring proper contact my crotch went up in flames and chestnuts were roasting on an open fire with medium well on the menu. I had a blistered bag and walked with a lest for 2 weeks.

thats just too painfull to read, i bet you can feel it just typing out the story.
                          thanks for the help
                          ......or..........
                          hope i helped
                          sigpic
                          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                          JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by tacmig View Post

TacMig
                            I can't tell you how many times I've burned myself in the past: filler and or stick rods in the legs, molten metal in boots, down chest ,into the ear canal, hands all the time. You get to feel and smell it all over again when jumping into hot shower at night. I count myself VERY lucky not to have burned the boys. It hurt me just to read that TacMig

Comment

Yikes..

Looking back on the formentioned event, it really was luck that saved the boys from total loss. I was only 4 feet from the ground and was able to swing myself underside. With the situation at hand, this only took about a 10Th. of a second. The worst element of this injury was the ice treatment. "Chrispy frozen berries". Took 3 days off to comfort the boys and went back to a bunch of guys doing thier level best not to offend the bosses burnt bag. However, with all parts checking out O.K., they showed me the funny side and all in all, I guess it was pretty funny.

TacMig
                              We depend On:
                              Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
                              Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
                              Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
                              Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
                              Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
                              Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
                              American National Standards Institute
                              American Welding Society
                              The Welding Institute
                              Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
                              Metal Cr
                              afters

Comment

I had a tig welder who had a habit of putting the torch over his leg while sitting in his chair after finishing a weld and the tungsten burned a hole thru his nut sack. Needless to say he never did that again.

Comment

Working...
                                X