No announcement yet.

I wish the holes would stop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do they sell chaos made for welding or do i really have to invest in the 300 dollar set of hein garet chaps?

Comment

i have seen a leather aprin that splits and snaps aroulnd the legs, top 1/2 (to the knee) only. and it seems like i saw a set of chaps at my LWS. be worth looking into. i think i would buy 2 aprins and make a set of chaps out of them befor spending $300 on a set.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

pick up some leathers and a tube of shoo goo this stuff is awesome. it works good for the seams of ur carharts that get burnt and let go.
        trail blazer 302
        hypertherm plasma
        millermatic 251
        high feq. arc starter
        suit case (extreme 12vs)
        o/a torches
        way to many other tools to list

Comment

Wrap yourself up in tin foil except for your eyes of course.
          Nick
          Miller 252 Mig
          Miller Cricket XL
          Millermatic 150 Mig
          Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
          2-O/A outfits
          Jet Lathe and Mill
          Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
          DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
          Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
          20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
          Propane Forge
          60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
          Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
          and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

tuin foil thats funny i dont care who you are

Comment

.....you can use the sho goo to hold on the foil................
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

monte55 Wrap yourself up in tin foil except for your eyes of course.
                i take my eye protection very seriously, i'm covering them too....im not taking any chances of getting hurt.
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                JAMES

Comment

burns

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                  also you should where ear plugs when welding. . you don't want hot spatter,slag to go down in your ear canal. and yes it will find its way their
                  Yep, hard to imagine , but it happens and hurts like....

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                    also you should where ear plugs when welding. . you don't want hot spatter,slag to go down in your ear canal. and yes it will find its way their
                    I was welding on a rusted up truck (90% rust, 10% metal) for a friend trying to patch some holes in the frame. Needless to say the Mig did not like all those wonderful oxides and was spitting fireballs everywhere. I was partially laying on my side when a BIG hunk of burning metal/rust landed in my ear, burnt the earplug and left a burn on my ear as well. Without the earplugs It is very possible I would be totally deaf in one ear.

Of course you should always wear earplugs to protect your ears from loud noises, but that is a different topic...
                    Dynasty 200DX, first generation
                    Makita 5" grinder
                    Makita 14" abrasive saw
                    IR SS5L compressor
                    Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
                    and a wish list a mile long

Comment

ear muffs may be bulky but they wont melt like ear plugs, i just take a piece of cheap fyresafe welding coat that was in rags and tape it aroun the back of my hood does pretty good at keeping stuff out.

Comment

Working...
                      X