Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

why i havent been around much lately

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why i havent been around much lately

shops gonna be 50x 60 and 22 ft high.... knock out wall in the back for room to expand. core drilled for utilities outta the shop were in right now....

http://www.youtube.com/user/SICFabri.../1/Yq3rO6rgiq0

dont konw if it embedded or not, but there

22' tall will be nice, are you going to have an overhead crane?

Now all you need is a 300D Sorry couldn't help myself.

Comment

I wish I could have one of those right now.

Does Arkansas get below freezing weather much?

Comment

Originally posted by Rig Hand View Post
        22' tall will be nice, are you going to have an overhead crane?

Now all you need is a 300D Sorry couldn't help myself.
        lmao!!!!! is all good, buddy. yes, will have a 10 ton bridge crane that will cover 50x 40 ft. slab will be 10 inches thick so my buddies can finally have a place to bring all the big girls after hours...lol...

yes, we get below freezing but only for a couple months, then its off to blistering hot temps again and 90% humidity. for example, it was 88% humidity and 78 degrees here today.... yes,in february.... and if it werent for my daughter, i would move to kansas and show rig hand how to weld something.... HA!

Comment

Originally posted by welder_one View Post
          lmao!!!!! is all good, buddy. yes, will have a 10 ton bridge crane that will cover 50x 40 ft. slab will be 10 inches thick so my buddies can finally have a place to bring all the big girls after hours...lol...

yes, we get below freezing but only for a couple months, then its off to blistering hot temps again and 90% humidity. for example, it was 88% humidity and 78 degrees here today.... yes,in february.... and if it werent for my daughter, i would move to kansas and show rig hand how to weld something.... HA!
          You had better stay in AR, I don't need any more competition.............with the "big girls" that is. LOL

Comment

*shrugs* LOL.... well, today, the wife has me putting granite tiled counter tops in.... i'll give you a dollar to swing by and show me how to tile a countertop....

Comment

Originally posted by welder_one View Post
              *shrugs* LOL.... well, today, the wife has me putting granite tiled counter tops in.... i'll give you a dollar to swing by and show me how to tile a countertop....
              Stan, the trick is to show the Mrs. how to do the first couple tiles and than let her fly solo from there. She'll be so gosh darned proud of her new found abilities she'll forget you're one lazy SOB...works for me anyway. BTW, as an ex-Kansan, you wouldn't believe how pretty that state is in your rear view mirror heading across the border in any direction.

Comment

lmao @ wyoming.... i know.... i been through kansas. my pop's family is from there... one of the only places in the world where you can truly fall asleep at the wheel and wake up in the same lane an hour later.... i was only joking, you cant chase me fast enough to give me a house there, especially western kansas like around colby

Comment

Trust me Stan, Colby is scenic compared to my old hometown of Marienthal. Fifty miles, more or less, SW of there. 360 degrees of horizon unbroken by trees or anything higher than a gopher hole. Reminds me a a town west of there over on the Colorado side of the border named Towner...the heads renamed all the city signs (2) Downer one night back in the '70s.

Last edited by WyoRoy; 02-19-2011, 03:49 PM.

Comment

I subbed =)

Comment

Hey!!! I don't think the great states of WY and AR are that much more glamorous compared to KS. I mean sure you might have nicer views, more wildlife, and the wind might not blow 30 mph on a calm day, then there is tornado's, baseball size hail, but still. Its not a bad place

"Kansas is the Sun State, Its full of Sunshine, Sunflowers, and Sons of B!*ch's"- Josey Wales

Comment

Glad you made it back, shop looks really good too. Have fun in AR, the blow job state (ask Bill, he knows). Looks like it will be time to get busy when the move is done, Have fun installing the bridge crane and getting it all figured out and usable. Did an install on onw way back in the early 80's and I thought I was going to have to kill the General Contractor till I understood the need for nearly perfect alignment of the girders and rails for the bridge to run on. Once we got past that it was a cake walk finishing it out and getting a cert of occupancy and paid.
                        Bob

Comment

oh no, shop aint done yet.... slab's getting finished tomorrow or tuesday (depending on if we get much more hail and tornadoes) (thought you had them all in kansas) start erecting the building prolly friday... hopefully it will go very smooth. we arent subbing out anything except the slab finishing.... but its still all hands on deck, the concrete boys are cutting me a wicked deal if i provide the labor =)) 76 bucks per yard of concrete finished including the concrete.......bam! other places were wanting 80 bucks a yard just for the concrete

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.