Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spectrum 300 Cutmate help

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectrum 300 Cutmate help

Hello,

I bought a used plasma cutter. It seems it has two capacitors that are blown. They are the size of a "D" battery and say Phillips 1000uf and UR=300V. I am guessing this is all the information that I need to buy two replacements and solder them to the main board. I have them off of the board.

The capacitors also say 157 93075, M HP 9820:, and 25/085/56.

I was also wondering if anyone here had a schematic to tell me which terminal went to the outside of the board (the top) so I could solder the proper ones back in correctly.

Thanks for any help here.

Originally posted by leon phelps View Post
    Hello,

I bought a used plasma cutter. It seems it has two capacitors that are blown. They are the size of a "D" battery and say Phillips 1000uf and UR=300V. I am guessing this is all the information that I need to buy two replacements and solder them to the main board. I have them off of the board.

The capacitors also say 157 93075, M HP 9820:, and 25/085/56.

I was also wondering if anyone here had a schematic to tell me which terminal went to the outside of the board (the top) so I could solder the proper ones back in correctly.

Thanks for any help here.
    Can't help you with the first part of the question but you can download a manual here: http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php
    It should have the schematics you need.

Comment

progress

I found the capacitors. $20 to my door. Lets hope they are all that is bad.

I am curious if anyone knows of a replacement program since Miller has admitted that these boards were made poorly? I know there is a new part number, but will Miller lower the price for a trade in with the old part?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.