My New Trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

overkill

The trailer is made from FRP- fiberglass reinforced plywood with gelcoat on both sides. The main bottom frame is 2 x 4 in. x .188 wall tubing and 1-1/2 x 3 in. x .120 wall tubing. The wall structure is 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 in. .065 wall tubing. The floor is 3/4 in. FRP and the walls are 1/4 in. FRP. The back door is 1 in. thick FRP. The axle is a 3500 LB. 4 in. drop with leaf springs. All the lighting is LED and the side work lights are 110 volt 650 watt each. The cost to build it was around $4000 dollars but well worth it. Inside I have a miller bobcat 250 NT, miller 2050 plasma, dyansty 200, extreme 12 vs wire feeder,miller 130 mig welder and two spoolguns. I also carry all kinds of other power tools to get the job done. I also have a small craftsman pancake air compressor on board. I have ox/acy tanks along with 100% argon, 75/25 mix and nitrogen tanks. It took me about two months of planing and about three months to build it. Thanks Again Guys I just wanted to share what can be done when you have great miller welders. I have no plans at this time - was built from me head. Thanks Again
    Overkill

Comment

Great job. I was going to ask what you used for the sides. Have never used FRP Where do you get it?? I have thought about the same thing but was wondering what to use for sides.

What type of work do you do?? Sounds like a nice set up
      Scott
      HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Comment

I see were you get your name from, that frame is really heavy . You sure don't need to worry about it coming apart. One area of concern is how the tongue of the trailer is attached, it looks like it's just but welded to the front of the trailer frame. I might be wrong but thats what it looks like in the pictures. You might want to reinforce that area buy welding some angle or tubing under the tongue and further back along the frame. There is going to be a lot of stress right at that weld with the trailer going one way and the tongue wanting to go the other. Other than that enjoy your new trailer it sounds like you have it set up on the inside well.

Jason

Comment

That's Some Trailer, Mr. Overkill

Beautiful work! I'm curious, too. What type of work do you do?

Irish

Comment

Working...
          X