No announcement yet.

Alum horse trailer tongue broke.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are the chances that the person that was driving doesnt know how to back up with a trailer on?
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Comment

Originally posted by SignWave View Post
      what are the chances that the person that was driving doesnt know how to back up with a trailer on?
      Perrrty good. I see a lot of trailer tongue repair that was caused by jack knifing backing up. watch the antics around a boat launch ramp some time.

Comment

Originally posted by lars66 View Post
        Perrrty good. I see a lot of trailer tongue repair that was caused by jack knifing backing up. watch the antics around a boat launch ramp some time.
        i saw a guy put his trailer up on a dock trying to splash his unit. it was pretty interesting.
        Jake

Comment

its amazing how many people have trailors and cant back them. i started with motorcycle trailors at the races when i was about 10, so its 2nd nature to me. funny to watch people go back and forth.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

Got it welded today. I used some 3x3x1/4 alum angle to run back 5 crossmembers and welded it all in. Then i plated the outside of the tongue. It was amazing the overheads ran great considering the trailer is covered in Ohio salt. I just buffed off where i was going to weld where i could. I only have 2 pics because my battery went dead...Bob
            Attached Files
            Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
            http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Working...
            X