Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking Outside The Box (Custom Storage Box)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking Outside The Box (Custom Storage Box)

good day everyone. I figured it was about time I got back to say hello.

Ive had my Kubota tractor for two seasons now but still only got 138 hours on it. I use my tractor strictly for snow clearing. That being said I've only been out once so far this winter plowing snow and there's no snow on the ground here now at all.

Over the holidays I managed to get some time to myself in the shop so I fabricated a PTO guard for the rear PTO and while I was at that I decided to build a storage box up in the front where the weights would normally hang.

Well as I got going at it I decided to add a few other items to it such as cornering LED quad strobe lights, Stainless steel locking latch, Gas shock for the lid, Machined hinges with grease nipples and It was built out of 3/16th steel. I wanted the latch to the side of the unit for easy access. The bottom is complete as well and could act as a skid pan if need be. I also wanted to fabricate grill guards for the LED lights. It weighs in at almost 60 lbs.
    There were a few challenges such as the grill guard and how I was going to integrate the box around that but I did it and I just got it installed so I figured Id show it to you.

I did a YouTube video of the complete build so if interested here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTI-qoXzqok

Very nice work. No one will even know it is not a Kubota item.

Comment

This storage box looks great.

Comment

looks factory to me! tom

Comment

Thanks everyone. Glad you liked it.

Comment

Very nice job.

Comment

The only thing you didn't do was double wall the bottom of the box and tie it into the engine cooling system to keep your gloves warm......Oh wait.......You've got a cab

Comment

I would patent it, and try selling it to kubota or and aftermarket company, that is a very nice design, and looks factory, that is the kinda stuff people want.

Comment

Very professional work.

Comment

Thanks for showing us your project.
                    It is a first class job too!

Comment

Nice

Very Nice TOP NOTCH

Comment

holy cow

If you didn't point it out I could never have guessed that any part of that set-up was not an original Kubota product.

There are a lot of reasons for me to post on this forum due to the high quality of work that I see, but generally I just read and learn. The finish on your project is such high quality that I just wanted to say "great job!"

Comment

Guys thanks a bunch for your kind words on my work. Really glad to hear you enjoyed seeing it. I've been pushing snow up here for three weeks steady now so I haven't had much time to post so it was a pleasant surprise to see the posts on my project.
                          I did get to put up a few videos on YouTube so check them out if you get really bored . Thanks again everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqrlB9IIr78

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq-XOpCZv9U
                          Last edited by wildfire; 02-15-2011, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Yet another fine piece of craftsmanship Paul!

If you think this project is great check out his forklift here:

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ustom-forklift
                            Last edited by Pass-N-Gas; 02-15-2011, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Dude thats a great looking box. I saw the pictures first and really thought it was a factory part. Thats a great looking box you made, props.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.