Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

magnetic welding table

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magnetic welding table

is it possible to make a welding table magnetic or electromagnetic? I am welding many small pieces of steel together and I thought it might save time and steady the stock material if the table was magnetized from underneath. (lincoln wire feed mig)

Originally posted by bigcarbonfootprint View Post
    is it possible to make a welding table magnetic or electromagnetic? I am welding many small pieces of steel together and I thought it might save time and steady the stock material if the table was magnetized from underneath. (lincoln wire feed mig)
    Sure there are many ways to make a welding table magnetic, but before you try such an endeavor you might want to weld around a magnet. If you have never done this before, it is a most enjoyable treat...

Comment

Originally posted by Dipsomaniac View Post
      Sure there are many ways to make a welding table magnetic, but before you try such an endeavor you might want to weld around a magnet. If you have never done this before, it is a most enjoyable treat...
      lol

Comment

the most fun can be had with some seriously magnetized 6 inch drill pipe when you're on a ladder and it's an overhead stick weld on a windy day.LOL

Comment

hmm

if its repetitive i would make some jigs or something. small pieces and magnets can be quite frustrating to say the least you could also make some mini magnets with some small magnets and epoxy or you could try one of the snake type magnets with the roach clip on the end
          Last edited by umahunter; 01-24-2011, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by umahunter View Post
            roach clip
            LOL, haven't heard that in a long time..

Comment

to sum it up: not advisable.

Comment

Here you go:
                http://website.lineone.net/~diverse/layer2/zeropr.htm

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.