Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goldstar 300 SS ?'s

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldstar 300 SS ?'s

First post, please be easy...

So I had the opportunity to buy a Goldstar 300 SS for little monies and I thought it a prudent investment. It has been rewired for remote operation which is in the process of being undone, and I am 90% there save the contactor, which I can't seem to get to stay open most likely due to the coil.

Anyone here have one of these that could give me a walkthru as to the wires specific to the coil? I am so close (it runs when you hold the ON switch) I hate to drag it to the repair shop for a 2 minute fix from someone who knows these things. Major thanks in advance...

One more question, and I am a total welding n00b, it appears that this machine is fully stick welding capable as I have read from the new models on Millers website. What would it take to get this baby to TIG? I have no leads, gas, regulator etc which I know I would need, but is there anything I need to do to the actual welder to get it to TIG? I saw a high frequency device to add, but not sure if this is a necessity For steel TIG, could I hook up the tig torch, gas, and a foot petal and go?

Really appreciate the help in advance. Peter

Sailah, welcome to the board

I did a lot of searching on your question but could not find anything and I do not know much about the wiring inside. Here is a link from Miller where you can download an owners manual for your Goldstar and that should give you a diagram. Hope this helps.

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php

Comment

You do know that it is a 3 phase only machine right?

Comment

Thanks for the links, I do know it is 3 phase which is why it was so cheap. When I rewired it from 208 3 phase to 230 3 phase, apparantly I read the transformer wrong which held the contacter closed. My electrical engineer buddy came over and spotted the mistake and I am now in business. Machine starts up and runs fine and stops when the stop button is pressed.

Now I just need to learn how to weld...

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.