Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mack Truck plow frame

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack Truck plow frame

These are a few pics of a pusher frame i fabbed in my shop last week for a customer.All mig welded with my 250X .035 70S6 wire.Side frame plates are 5/8"thk.,pusher beam is 8"x6"x.375HSS. Uprights are 4"x4"x.25HSS.Truck will push a 11' plow.The top lift triangle is not installed the customer was still painting it along with the air/lift piston.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by admweld; 01-02-2011, 04:43 PM.

Nice. How far back do the side frame plates go. Are you going to make supports behind the lower part of the pusher and make "arms" back to the frame. I want to do this to my old mans International Dump and put a 12 footer on it.

Comment

Frame mounts

The side plates are about 14"-16" long on the frame.They are welded to the underside of 6"x6"x1/2"thk clips mounted to frame with 7/8" Grade 8 bolts fine thread with nylock nuts.Also the 6x6 angle is trimmed to mount to the frame where needed.

Comment

Does the hood still open? It looks like the mount interferes.

Comment

Originally posted by daddy View Post
          Does the hood still open? It looks like the mount interferes.
          Hood opens just fine.The front grill is stationary.

Comment

Ok. Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. I see it now. I'm used to the ones that have the grill attached.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.