Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can i build with a old shopping cart?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can i build with a old shopping cart?

My buddy at the scrap place had a couple ole shopping carts and asked if i could use them. All the wheels work well, so i took em. Now i dont know why i want them...Anyone have any ideas what a shopping cart can be used for?

a Mig/Tig cart with bottle holder and filler rod holders. You can also attatch a drawer for consumables or hand grinder storage, along with a self retracting spool for an extension cord to run it. Your only limit is your imagination.
    Bob

Comment

Ya, thats what i was thinkin since my chinese mig cart is so weak it feels like its gonna bend in half every time i pull it. How could i balance it so the bottle doesnt tip it?

Comment

Leeboys post - What to make from a shopping cart?

Hi Leeboy,

This seems like the perfect thread for a project titled: Uses for a shopping cart.

Great start !

Comment

art - of course!

Comment

Maybe theses something with a motor!

Comment

I made a cart that has worked out well so far.

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...976#post250976

Comment

shopping cart uses

Hope ya got a since of humor The best people to ask might be Johnny Knoxville and Wee Man. LOL! JK!

one ideal comes to mind of a project that might not be real useful unless you are a trapper.

Using two baskets I built a collection cage For a government trapper in West Texas quite a few years back for Temporarily holding a small bob cat to collect the urine for trapping, worked out pretty well didn't own a camera back then or I would post picís.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt hands View Post
                  Hi Leeboy,

This seems like the perfect thread for a project titled: Uses for a shopping cart.

Great start !
                  Thats actualy a good idea for a thread on all the uses of old shopping baskets
                  I'm sure there are alot of uses other than what they were intended for.

Comment

hmm

shopping cart wheels work great on all kinds of stuff there built to last when ever i need casters of that size i head to a old part of town where carts get dumped and get the wheels ive used them on gates a homemade drywall panel mover rolling tables etc

Comment

Are you a rider?
                      Name:  4014593e48b65f2994247e7bfea04b8a.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  98.7 KB

Comment

Originally posted by PeterTrocewicz View Post
                        Are you a rider?
                        Name:  4014593e48b65f2994247e7bfea04b8a.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  98.7 KB
                        is that fender paper mache ??

Comment

Originally posted by umahunter View Post
                          is that fender paper mache ??
                          I think its just paint drizzled on that makes it look funny...Bob

Comment

Try one of these

http://keetsa.com/blog/recycle/drago...ng-cart-parts/

Comment

here ya go

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.