Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New scroll floor lamp

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New scroll floor lamp

Here is my latest project. I needed a floor lamp to match the scroll table lamp I made a while back.(photos on here somewhere )

Scrolls are 3/16 x 1 hot rolled, center tube is 1 1/4 x .120 wall. Center tube is a bit heavy but it was on hand. Table is 1 1/4 thick Oak trailer flooring finished with Early American stain and three coats of satin polyurethane.

The steel is as rolled and scrolled welds unground. Everything was wiped with lacquer thinner and two coats of Shark Skin protectant applied.

Frank aka. Weekend Welder
    Attached Files

Thats some nice work. I like the unfinished steel look...Bob

Comment

Hey Frank,
      Nice project.....looks great. Just as a suggestion, maybe do some experimenting by wire-wheeling your welds to clean, bare, & then take an O/A small-tip torch & do some flame-coloring over the entire assembly. That really does some nice accenting, especially when you are going to clear-coat it. Just some fodder to play with. Here's a pic of a couple small pieces I did to show some of the newbies.

Denny
      Attached Files

Comment

Here are a few plant stands and basket trees along your base lines. What kind of scroller do you have?...Bob Name:  586221264d51afcf8f94b801bc0b9e13.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  29.0 KB

Comment

I like it, man. Nice scrolls.

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
            Here are a few plant stands and basket trees along your base lines. What kind of scroller do you have?...Bob Name:  586221264d51afcf8f94b801bc0b9e13.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  29.0 KB
            I have a sroller from Shop Outfitters

Comment

Originally posted by weekend welder View Post
              I have a sroller from Shop Outfitters
              Same as mine, cool. If you ever want to power it let me know...Bob
              http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...chmentid=23131

Comment

lamp is cool. Great job on the scrolls. Nice woodwork too.

What are the blueprints in the background of pic one and is the thing in the background in pic 2 the same as the blueprint?

Comment

Originally posted by MNT View Post
                  lamp is cool. Great job on the scrolls. Nice woodwork too.

What are the blueprints in the background of pic one and is the thing in the background in pic 2 the same as the blueprint?
                  The bluprint is of a Crane steam whistle (it's a copy). The whistle in photo 2 is an 8" dia Lonergan off of the Masonite factory in Watsontown PA

Frank aka. The Weekend Welder

Comment

I have some old Crane Co catalogs and books and that whistle may be in one. Crane had a factory in my town until 5 or 6 years ago...Bob

Comment

Originally posted by weekend welder View Post
                      The bluprint is of a Crane steam whistle (it's a copy). The whistle in photo 2 is an 8" dia Lonergan off of the Masonite factory in Watsontown PA
                      Can we see some pics of teh steam whistle too? Do you hook it up and let blast around dinner time? or is just inside?

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.