Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fan belt tool Did not want to spend the money!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fan cluch removal tool.

A while back I was replacing my watre pump on my 1990 F150 adn had to take the fan off the fan cluch. When I went to auto zone they wahted $15 for the tool to do this when I got it I found out its nothing more than a 56mm wrench made out of 3/8 flat stock. it also had about 5 other wrences to use with other cars and trucks. I layed them out on some plate I had that just happended to be 3/8 and spray painted over them with gloss black so auto zone would not know waht I did, then I cut the mouth of the wrench wiht a grinder to get a good exzact fit on the size ofthe opening for the nut and just torch cut the outer edges of the wrench because it was faster and cost less. I think you could use 1/4 or 1/8 you might need to strengthen up the 1/8.

Comment

Working...
    X
    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.