Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aluminium and CNC What a Great Pair

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminium and CNC What a Great Pair

Action Aluminium is the shop here in Australia who I buy my ali from.
    For some time now I have been telling the owner he should hang a brag board up on the wall like what fishing tackle shops do. That way all their clients can come in with photos of what they have done with the material and pin it to the board with their business card.
    Aluminium is one of those materials that excite the imagination.
    Once you have a slab of ali in your hands you just want to mill or weld it.

Yesterday while picking up an order I noticed on the counter what looks like an intake manifold that had been half milled from a slab of ali.
    Great to see other chaps out there making stuff that can not be found anymore and showing just what can be done.

Ji
    Attached Files

Thermostat Housing

That's what it looks like to me. Wish I could afford big chunks to play around with.

Comment

Nice stuff.
      I always go and have a look at the ali slabs.
      These are full sheet size 8' x 4' and around 6" thick.
      They cut blocks off for their cleints.
      A full slab must be worth a few grand.

Ji

Comment

what CNC machine are you running what what programs your tool paths??

good finish great looking part

Comment

Hi Cncmachinist,
          I don't have a CNC mill.
          I saw that milled block on the counter of my ali dealer.
          Blokes bring in and leave on their counter all sorts of stuff they make.
          There is a CNCed part that a bloke made in his back yard shed that helps sprint cars perform better some how. I see the part every time I go there. It is so intricate it is not funny, hard to believe it could even be milled.

Ji

Comment

ya theres some really crazy stuff its all to limit of your designing ability

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.