Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

ever heard of this type-welding

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ever heard of this type-welding

Hey guys I work with this guy at my job and he's been asking me if i've done this typ or heard of it i think its called flowneous (sp) welding i told him that i really haven't heard or delt with that type so i couldn't give him any tips on what to do but did tell him i would check it out then let him know what would be good for what he wants to do, so if any body has or knows what the heck i'm wanting please let me in on this info

never heard of it.

Comment

Perhaps "coalescence"??

coalescence is created by the heat in resistance welding and sometimes referred to as "coalescence welding". Perhaps your friend may have heard something that sounded like "flowneous" but was actually coalescence?
      I have never heard of "Flowneous". But that doesn't mean I'm right. Just a thought?

TacMig

Comment

Dave, I never heard of it either and Im not near the expert that some of these guys are.

I did a search though and found a web site with the AWS welding chart. There is nothing mentioned about it on there. Maybe he could give you more info on it as to what it is used for or how it is done.

Here is the web site.
        http://www.arconweld.com/welding_faq...g_tutorial.htm

Comment

ever heard of this

i'm not sure if this guy was straight up with info or not so i thought i would drop a line to you guys and see what comes up so i'm really not sure if he even knows what he talking about either but i'll ask him more info when we get back to work tomorrow but when he talks about it he sounds like he knows all the correct terms and tech stuff, but so do some other people that think they know all there is about welding and come to find out don't know JACK CRAP!! so this is why i'm asking you guys and i'll keep looking for some answers myself
          Last edited by safetydave; 01-01-2008, 07:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by tacmig View Post
            coalescence is created by the heat in resistance welding and sometimes referred to as "coalescence welding". Perhaps your friend may have heard something that sounded like "flowneous" but was actually coalescence?
            I have never heard of "Flowneous". But that doesn't mean I'm right. Just a thought?

TacMig
            thanks for your input TacMig, I'll try to keep you guys updated on this and what I find out more from him at work.

Comment

Originally posted by KBar View Post
              Dave, I never heard of it either and Im not near the expert that some of these guys are.

I did a search though and found a web site with the AWS welding chart. There is nothing mentioned about it on there. Maybe he could give you more info on it as to what it is used for or how it is done.

Here is the web site.
              http://www.arconweld.com/welding_faq...g_tutorial.htm
              KBar thanks glad you said something about AWS that was my next try on and see if they had any info on this

Comment

Originally posted by safetydave View Post
                flowneous (sp)
                Could he be talking about Fronius they make welding equipment?

Comment

Originally posted by safetydave View Post
                  flowneous (sp)
                  What does the (sp) mean? I've never heard anything about "flowneous" welding before... lol

Now I am very curious...

Comment

When you put (sp) behind a word it means you'r not 100% sure that you spelt it right. I looked through 2 charts of mine that list about 90% of all well known welding proccesses and didn't find a thing. Is it possible that he's talking about cast welding where you pour molten metal into a void between 2 solid peices of metal causing it all to melt together? This method is used all the time in the railroad industry to fix broken rails and large cast wheel trucks using thermite.

Comment

"felonious welding, welding with stolen equipment, or being hired to weld unlawfully. Also, welders being hired from the local prison on a work release program"

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
                        "felonious welding, welding with stolen equipment, or being hired to weld unlawfully. Also, welders being hired from the local prison on a work release program"
                        LMAO

Thats awesome!

Comment

Anti-GMAW

That is known as Thermit welding, still used alot by the railroads to fix frogs and join rail ends, quite a sight to watch...these shots are from a rail end join....
                          Paul
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by paulrbrown; 01-03-2008, 02:15 PM. Reason: add pic

Comment

I ran the word on google and all I got was flowers, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by shadetreewelder View Post
                              Could he be talking about Fronius they make welding equipment?
                              That's exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.