Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal cutting circular saw blades.

Hello all,
    I've been following this forum for a little while.

I saw this thread and thought I should add my 2 cents worth so I signed up.

I am a carpenter by trade but have always loved metalwork.

I've wanted a cold saw for a while but didn't want to shell out the big$ for a brand name saw for my hobby shop. I found a saw called "Evolution". I ordered a 14" chopsaw + extra blade and 2 7 1/4 circular saw blades from homedepot online. The chopsaw runs at 1500rpm and the circ blades run up to 5800rpm.
    Everything was delivered to my house for about $500! Really quick!
    The circ blades kick butt, cutting 1/4" and 3/8" plate like butter. You just have to control the feed speed or else you get some vibration and the blade cuts very fast and begins to chip the teeth a little.

The chop saw is good also. Positive clamping , tool free adjustment. There is a little play in the main pivot but it gives a good square cut still .

I know you get what you pay for so I was little wary, But I'm super happy with it , and $100 for a 14" metalblade and $45 for a 7 1'4 seems pretty decent value compared to the major brand names.

Just my 2cents.

Comment

Originally posted by tacmig View Post
      A bit off topic, but was wondering how you like your TB 300/200 stick. We got one about a month ago as our trusty commander is going down for the count once again and need a back-up unit. I understand they are very impressive and when I demoed the unit, I felt it struck and held an arc very good and dug pretty well without to much slag on some pretty nasty test material. Your comments?

TacMig
      I love the machine. I never had a bit of trouble and they are so easy for anybody to use. When you want it calmed down to weld thin material, it will respond and the next minute if you want to weld 1 inch material, it will jump to the challenge, it will dig in, sometimes too much if you set your amps a little high. Once you find your sweet spots, your golden. I believe I had it down to 20 amps one time with a 6013 to stick a few razor blades together It is so easy to adjust as you are welding. I cant imagine using anything else. I highly recommend it. About the only thing I had to do to mine was put a longer power cord on it, the one it came with didnt allow me to move it more than a foot or two away from the receptacle.
      Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
      Hobart Handler 187
      Dewalt Chop Saw
      4" Air Grinder
      Die Grinder
      Rigid Drill Press
      Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Comment

Working...