Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gambles, any sugestions???

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gambles, any sugestions???

I am looking at building a set of gambles for hanging deer. Any sugestions? thanks

Don't make it too wide. I made this mistake once and had a dead hog laying on the ground while I was in the shop cutting and welding

I use 1/2 rod and 1" black pipe (mostly because that's what I had laying around). Cut your rod to length for the end hooks. Hold them against the bench grinder and spin the rod to put a point on the end, THEN bend them in a hook shape. It's much easier to put the point on it when the rod is still straight. For the hanger in the middle I just U-bend another piece of 1/2 rod. Make sure this it big enough for a chain hook to pass through. Alternatively you could use a piece of 1/4 place with a hole and slot that will grab a chain between the links.

Comment

I hope they had their day in court. What did they do. Steal some corn?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
        Don't make it too wide. I made this mistake once and had a dead hog laying on the ground while I was in the shop cutting and welding

I use 1/2 rod and 1" black pipe (mostly because that's what I had laying around). Cut your rod to length for the end hooks. Hold them against the bench grinder and spin the rod to put a point on the end, THEN bend them in a hook shape. It's much easier to put the point on it when the rod is still straight. For the hanger in the middle I just U-bend another piece of 1/2 rod. Make sure this it big enough for a chain hook to pass through. Alternatively you could use a piece of 1/4 place with a hole and slot that will grab a chain between the links.
        I would second what is said here, but would suggest you make one gambrel for deer (16"-18" wide) and a separate gambrel (12"-14" wide) for hogs. You will find this much more useful.

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
          I hope they had their day in court. What did they do. Steal some corn?
          do you have something against shooting deer?

Comment

thanks guys it was greatly appreciated, helped me out alot

Comment

Originally posted by brwo00883 View Post
              do you have something against shooting deer?
              Actually I do.

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
                Actually I do.
                well some of us really enjoy it so if you dont like it keep it to yourself please, thanks, were not doing anything wrong by doing it so

Comment

Here is a link to an adjustable Gambrel. It seems pretty easy to clone.
                  http://www.texashunterproducts.com/ortgaga.html

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.