Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first project, welding cart (disaster cart gone good)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first project, welding cart (disaster cart gone good)

Soooo at first, this project was a effing disaster! Then it redeemed itself

I found a filing cabinet, and cut it into two drawers. I had it in my head that I wanted to use the cabinet as a base for a cart. Good idea, I thought, until I saw it 'finished.'

I couldn't even move it around the garage. It was so low it scraped, the casters were junk, $30 out the window I thought. WRONG! Let's try again...

Round two...

Put the filing cabinet on the ground where it belongs...

And make the REAL cart!

The next step is to get some round bar and put some places to hang things

I like the way the bottle is surrounded and protected. The convenience of the welder being up is good. I noted you have the extended feet to give it balance so it doesn't tip forward. How is the side to side balance? Seems a bit narrow and would want to tip on it's side if hit hard enough

Comment

If hit hard enough it would tip in any direction

It's surprisingly sturdy in all honesty. I'm going to be putting some sort of 'cage' around the regulator just in case it decides to fall over on me one day.

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.