Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Rolling Welding Table/ With Vice Plans?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Rolling Welding Table/ With Vice Plans?

Im looking to build a small table with a vice to weld on. Wheels are a must for the mobilty around the shop. I have a bigger table, (when i need to get aggressive) this would be just to hold a couple pieces while i zap them together. I guess i would have to have a top with angled out legs to support the vise, so it doesnt topple over from the weight. I guess, im asking for a rolling vise....Any ideas for me?

yup, start stacking pieces together until you get the desired product.... its how most of the rest of the world does things like this... build it really cool and might even be able to sell a few....just sayin

Comment

Hey Lee,
      Here's a pic of the mobile stand I made for my dry cut saw. It is quite compact & very stable. You can see the basic design & just configure width/height you need for your application. I made mobile stands/carts for all my shop equipment....so much easier moving things around & if necessary, finding one of those "lost" items that just happened to disappear. Maybe will give you some mental fodder to contemplate.

Denny
      Attached Files

Comment

Weld a table top to a section of square tube and have several hitch receiver tubes stationed around the shop. Lot more secure than a wheeled cart and almost as portable...maybe more so.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by WyoRoy; 11-08-2010, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys....Now i have too many ideas to chose....haha...Just kidding! On my days off, i will go back to the shop and see what works best.... Thanks again, Lee ( ANy more ideas, keep em comming)

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.