No announcement yet.

Welding cart for a 211

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I built a set of pullers the other day that I needed. 200$ + best I could find on the net, over a day I collected pieces from the rack, played with them on the bench, lucked out and stummbled across a couple things, then about 2 hrs of real fab work and I have custom set, found box to accumulate it all in.
    I could have whipped it up in an hour but I piddle a bit to come up with system that has some asset over the purchaced version on top of not spitting up 2 or 300$. I bought bearing spliiter set, finally splurged for the package, 320$, but made the rods and stiff backs as well as attatchments for our press to fix trans for my pickup, 200$ in parts vs replacement unit of 2500,, ha I will make all my labor back and outlay 500 wwhen its all done for a week of work. Have the specialty tools for a lot of jobs when I am done.

Comment

Nice cart job, how about the bike?

Very nice job on the cart. I have a question on the bike. I rode a Yamaha Big wheel back around 1986, and wished I would have bought it. It looks alot like the Honda you have. Do any of the Manufacturers make anything like those bikes today? All I see is the regular dirt bike.

Comment

Originally posted by north1 View Post
        Very nice job on the cart. I have a question on the bike. I rode a Yamaha Big wheel back around 1986, and wished I would have bought it. It looks alot like the Honda you have. Do any of the Manufacturers make anything like those bikes today? All I see is the regular dirt bike.

Thanks to all above for the comments. (I haven't checked back on this post until just now).

But to answer the question above, I am not sure. If so, I certainly haven't seen them around. That is an all original 1987 Honda Fat Cat. It is actually one of two. It's twin sister is still on my parent's ranch. Great bikes and still fires up on the first push of a the button, even after months of sitting! I too grew up in northern California and had an absolute blast exploring millions of acres of wide-open national forest land in Lassen and the sand dunes of San Louis Obispo counties.

But I digress...

Shopping carts make great welding carts!

Comment

Working...
        X