Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

PortaBand Stand

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PortaBand Stand

Anybody built a stand for their portaband? Looking for some pics / ideas to mount my Milwaukee vertical for cutting thin stuff.

How about this ?

http://www.swagoffroad.com/Porta_ban...t_Product.html

Comment

yea, thats what I have in mind. Looks like he has put some nice thought into that.

I saw another one time that was turned down 90 degrees at the end and held with a vice at the bend.

Comment

Like this one ?

http://www.swagoffroad.com/Porta_band_Product.html

Comment

Yep, that last one was it. That looks pretty easy, need to make a scrap yard run.

Comment

Thanks for this post and link..... I think this is a better invention than the Milwaukee accessory for their saws. The Milwaukee brand is around $250.00!!!!

Comment

How abouth this one?

I saw a thing-a-ma-bob one time turns your portaban into a little pivoting arm band saw have not found that site again can any of yall help me? I would like to make my own.

Comment

http://www.stonewellbodies.com/ they make one i know a lot of farriers have

Comment

the poor mans way... put the handle in the vise zip tie the trigger and make a little plate for where the gaurd gos

Daye

Comment

Well, sounds like that would work. Just seen this post come back up.

I never made the stand, not yet anyway. But its still in the back of my mind just waiting to get one of those round-to-its.

Comment

Finally got a round to it!

Found some 1/2" aluminum plate. Used a little preheat for my 200 amp and it went well. The weight was 50lbs and saw, just checking to make sure it wouldn't drop my saw in the floor.

Also welded a tab towards the back to get the blade more in the center.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Hardrock40; 12-18-2010, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Portaband stand

Here is a portaband saw I have converted using things I had around the shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Showdog75 View Post
                          that thing sweet

Daye

Comment

Originally posted by kandrwelding View Post
                            I saw a thing-a-ma-bob one time turns your portaban into a little pivoting arm band saw have not found that site again can any of yall help me? I would like to make my own.
                            I bought one of these years ago. It is specific to the Porta Band. It uses 3/4" pipe for legs. I don't know who sells them.

Comment

portaband stand

I like all the bandsaw designs, but I chose to mount mine using some of the factory bolt holes and that way I could mount my plate with the slit to the front so I don't have to dismantle the bandsaw to change the blade. It is a real practical thing for me because I cut alot of staniless steel so I go thru blades pretty often.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.