Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob's solar powered robot of death.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any new progress ???

Comment

No progress, waiting on some more parts. I decided the bot itself was going to look cool enough that I'm not going to hang the solar panels on it. They'll mount on the wall, behind it. leave more of the bot exposed.

I also have a friend that does serious production line style robotic programming that said it would be "easy" (his words, not mine) to put some motion activated control on it, so it could not just turn on like a motion sensor, but also follow the movement. Frankly, it sounds kinda creepy. I like it. So I'm accumulating parts for that. I've been testing some 35 watt HID's... HOLY CRAP those things put out light!!!

Comment

ok now its getting so much fun i want one.
        make me a parts list, i'll start on the bot part.

Comment

Originally posted by vectorsolid View Post
          I also have a friend that does serious production line style robotic programming that said it would be "easy" (his words, not mine) to put some motion activated control on it, so it could not just turn on like a motion sensor, but also follow the movement. Frankly, it sounds kinda creepy. I like it. So I'm accumulating parts for that.
          Bringing that beast alive... well my you know what would pucker if some bright lights came on and that thing started to move... but I'm an honest guy so I wouldn't be snooping around in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by vectorsolid View Post
            No inspiration, just some imagination and spare time. ured out. I'll post pics of that when I get started here in a month or two.

I think it's A.D.D. or something... I'll start drawing an idea around dinner time, next thing I know, it's about 6:30am, and my wife is checking on me to make sure I'm not dead...

So ends my explanation of the idea and a quick thought on my mental disorder... ...lol...
            sweet i wanna see it and see it move .....

on a second note...
            its not called A.D.D. its called W.A.D.D. =welding all D*** day

Comment

when do we get to see some more of it ?

Comment

Originally posted by welderman23 View Post
                when do we get to see some more of it ?
                I got a wild idea to build a car...

http://www.killbillet.com/showthread.php?t=8504

Comment

Nice!-)
                  That will be a nice robot to protect the car

Comment

??????

Wonder where progress on this critter is?

Comment

Nice project. Looks great. Maybee you should mount the lights to where they would light up the robot then the robot starts moving. What do you do tha you have a two post lift in your shop? I wish I had one in my garage.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.