Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Repair Job

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Repair Job

Got a call last night to repair this today.Cat 330D excavator bucket broken corner shank. Lots of cutting and arc gouging and a little welding 15 Lbs of 1/16" dual shield.
    Attached Files

Great, I broke one today and will have to fix it tomorrow. The cutting off part really bites!

Comment

not putting your job down, but I certainly can't see 15 pounds of filler metal there. 5 pounds, maybe. IF that. Been doing this for years, I know. Better check your scales

Comment

Originally posted by JSFAB View Post
        not putting your job down, but I certainly can't see 15 pounds of filler metal there. 5 pounds, maybe. IF that. Been doing this for years, I wasnow. Better check your scales
        Exactly what i was thinking when reading this thread.Did you fix the broken shank or replace the entire thing?

Comment

Originally posted by nocheepgas View Post
          Great, I broke one today and will have to fix it tomorrow. The cutting off part really bites!
          Try a #4 O/A tip.If you got enough amps like 425-450 a 3/8" carbon arc rod will eat that for breakfast.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.